What's new

Please check/help with translation

LewiiG

先輩
27 Dec 2012
So I'm attempting to translate parts of a song. I'm just a simple learner so it would be great if someone could check the translations and possibly explain mistakes and such. Parts in red I think were beyond me to even guess. I hope this isn't too much to ask :3

ご主人様 お目覚めです
朝一番の ご挨拶
笑顔集合 声合わせて
一日の始まりです
Master, it's time to wake up
The first greeting of the morning
Unite voices with a collection of smiles
It's the start of the day

窓を開けて ピカピカサニー
体中にパワーを充填
鏡チェック エプロンきめ
急ぎ足で お呼びにゆきます
Open the window, it's bright and sunny
Fill yourself with power throught your body
Check the mirror, choose an apron
Quickly go to invite (guests?)

素敵すぎるお目にかかれて
今日も萌え萌えではりきって
100パーセント
Meet with wonderful (people?)
Be eager with moe moe again today
100%

ご主人様 お時間です
準備の方 整いました
今日もいってらっしゃいませ
Master, It's time
Preparations are in order
Enjoy yourself again today (itterashaimase, idk how to put)

目指してもっと最上級
パーフェクトなお給仕
Aim for a higher level
Perfect service

ご主人様 お出かけです
しばしの間お別れです
どうかどうか お気をつけて
Master, you are taking your leave
Farewell for this short while
Please do take care

いつかはきっと最上級
パーフェクトなお給仕
今日こそきっと最上級
パーフェクトなお給仕
Someday surely the highest level
Perfect service
Today is surely the day
Perfect service

Well that's that. TBH I may as well have highlighted everything in red lol xD. I have reaaal difficulty in trying to guess or know and understand whether I should be using "we" "I" "your" etc in stuff like this. As well as if it would be "the" or "a" etc. Things don't quite connect too great either, there is probably "and"s and other such connectives missing. But yeah.

I know it's probably a mess, but any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Unfortunately, using Tapatalk any post that says "the red parts" or "the underlined parts" leaves me out of the picture as it doesn't display them.

This sounds like a song for hotel maids to sing. Where did you get it?

It would be more likely house maids, like the ones in maid cafes.

鏡チェック エプロンきめ
きめる might mean "to dress up/complete my outfit", not "to choose", here.

急ぎ足で お呼びにゆきます
The object of 呼ぶ is ご主人様.

素敵すぎるお目にかかれて
The target of お目にかかる is ご主人様.

今日もいってらっしゃいませ
The master might be going out to the office, so "enjoy yourself" wouldn't be a good translation.

Where did you get it?

It's a song I first heard from the "Maids of England," a London based maid cafe/unit who were performing in Bristol at the time. It's called "Happy Happy Morning" if you want to listen xD

きめる might mean "to dress up/complete my outfit", not "to choose", here.

The object of 呼ぶ is ご主人様.

The target of お目にかかる is ご主人様.

The master might be going out to the office, so "enjoy yourself" wouldn't be a good translation.

Thanks!

So perhaps maybe
"Check the mirror, dress up in an apron"

"Quickly go to invite Master"

"Meet with the wonderful master"

"Have another great day" (?)

I think 素敵すぎるお目にかかれて is inversion, i.e., お目にかかれて素敵すぎる.

I think 素敵すぎるお目にかかれて is inversion, i.e., お目にかかれて素敵すぎる.

I see, so "it is so wonderful to be able to meet the Master" I guess. Didn't notice it was potential form before.

I also have some other questions if that's okay. With these lines:

目指してもっと最上級
パーフェクトなお給仕
いつかはきっと最上級
パーフェクトなお給仕
今日こそきっと最上級
パーフェクトなお給仕

What is going to be 最上級? Is it meant to be like, 最上級パーフェクトなお給仕? As it stands it just seems like "aim for the higher level of perfect service" and "someday will be the highest level of perfect service" etc. I've used the word "service" too but there may be other possibilities like "waitress" and such. I'm just not 100% on these, what I wrote in my first post for these sound odd to me. What is omitted? What is the secret to these lines? if any xD

I think that's 最上級のお給仕, and 最上級(のお給仕) and パーフェクトなお給仕 are in apposition; いつかはきっと最上級(のお給仕、つまり、)パーフェクトなお給仕(をしてさしあげたいなあ).

I think that's 最上級のお給仕, and 最上級(のお給仕) and パーフェクトなお給仕 are in apposition; いつかはきっと最上級(のお給仕、つまり、)パーフェクトなお給仕(をしてさしあげたいなあ).

Ahh I see. Thank you. In that case I could do with a colon or an extra word or something to make that clear.

And finally, (I hope) is the subject of these sentences "we" or "I" or what? (And also "をしてさしあげたいなあ" is just to help me understand right? Like could I translate to "someday we want to reach (or will reach) the highest level: perfect service" or something?)

Last edited:
I thought it would be "I", but "we" is also possible (especially, 笑顔集合 声合わせて suggests that there are several (at least not single) maids there).

As for をしてさしあげたいなあ, yes, that's right.

I thought it would be "I", but "we" is also possible (especially, 笑顔集合 声合わせて suggests that there are several (at least not single) maids there).

As for をしてさしあげたいなあ, yes, that's right.

Okay! That was very helpful and informative ^^ Thank you very much Toritoribe!

Back
Top Bottom