What's new

Planning to Study in Japan

Ratings
Hello All!
My niece is beginning to love Japan and plans to go to school there.She wants to become an expert about the Japanese way of life. I don't have any objection on that. I searched about schooling in Japan and most of the sites that I visited were in Japanese (of course). I want a more personal advice coming from the people here on what are the things that my niece should know about studying in Japan. Your insights on this matter are greatly appreciated.

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Staff member
Ratings
Let's start with the obvious: how old is your niece, and in what capacity does she want to study in Japan? Is she looking for a high school exchange? a summer at a language center? a college study abroad program? Enrollment in a Japanese university?

The more specific you can be the better, your first post gives us very little information for us to be of any help.

Ratings
Let's start with even more basic stuff...this thread's location. In the Practical section there is a subsection called Studying in Japan. Admin should move your post there, and you should read relevant links.

Otherwise, I agree with nice gaijin wholeheartedly. And why are you posting for your niece? No parents? Why can't she herself post?

And, we might also suggest coming here for a visit, simply because "beginning to love Japan" could be for misleading reasons. Do you know hers?

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Staff member
Ratings
Let's start with even more basic stuff...this thread's location. In the Practical section there is a subsection called Studying in Japan. Admin should move your post there, and you should read relevant links.

Otherwise, I agree with nice gaijin wholeheartedly. And why are you posting for your niece? No parents? Why can't she herself post?

And, we might also suggest coming here for a visit, simply because "beginning to love Japan" could be for misleading reasons. Do you know hers?
Thank you Glenski, and for pointing that out; I usually browse by "new posts" and don't pay enough attention to where those posts are located. Thread has been moved to the "Studying in Japan" sub-forum :)

I wasn't going to get into the reasons for wanting to come study just yet, but they probably will come up soon enough.

Ratings
Thank you for re-locating my post and for all the wonderful replies. My niece is 18 years old and from the looks of it, she wanted to study about the culture and heritage of Japan.

Ratings
Hello all. Following up on this...Can someone help me with a directory for colleges and universities that we can look up to? We are starting to build our research on her studying abroad and this article (edit: irrelevant link removed) has provided us some good points to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Staff member
Ratings
Hello all. Following up on this...Can someone help me with a directory for colleges and universities that we can look up to? We are starting to build our research on her studying abroad and this article has provided us some good points to follow.
Um, your linked article is from a therapy site. Was this an elaborate ruse to post spam or did you honestly paste the wrong link?