What's new

Ph.D. adviser change university

icneg ipac

Registered
19 Jan 2016
Hi
I am a Japanese Government Scholarship student (University Recommendation).
My Ph.D. adviser will change university. I want to be with him because he is a very good researcher.
Is it possible to change university. Now I am in a state university and my adviser will move in a very good private university. What is the procedure and what reason do I need to write to convince them.
What about my friend who received the scholarship from the Japanese embassy. Can he also change the university.

Have you and your friend tried asking these questions of your advisors or the school office that handles foreign students?

Have you and your friend tried asking these questions of your advisors or the school office that handles foreign students?
Thank you very much.
Actually the final decision will be soon. So I and my friend wanted to get some information before going to the office.

A similar thing happened at my university. A teacher resigned and moved to another university. He was able to take some of his graduate students with him, and some remained. He occasionally visited them to advise them, and they finished their degrees. Big difference is that I think all of them were Japanese.

A similar thing happened at my university. A teacher resigned and moved to another university. He was able to take some of his graduate students with him, and some remained. He occasionally visited them to advise them, and they finished their degrees. Big difference is that I think all of them were Japanese.
Thank you for the information. However, our case is different since we are MEXT scholarship students.

Back
Top Bottom