What's new

Personal Project to shoot 300 videos of Japan

TSV

後輩
20 Jan 2015
Hi Everyone

I wanted to share with you a little project that I am working on right now. This is a personal project (meaning that I am burning cash not winning) about Shooting 300 4K Videos of Japan (across Japan) by 2015.

The videos can be found here on my YouTube Channel TokyoStreetView - YouTube

This is a really crazy project I know and I would much appreciate your comments on it. The videos are contemplative, they can be "boring" but I want to capture some untouched scene of Japan without any voice over or special effect.

Also if you have any recommendations on what place I should not miss, please let me know!

Cheers

Some really beautiful videos you have! You were in my neck of the woods with the snow monkey video.
And yes, it's as cold as it looks!

Thanks Blech! I will go in the area again for other spot, do you have any nice recommendations? I will pay you in Beers for tips ;-)

There are certainly a lot of places that are quite beautiful, but none that I know of that are "untouched". These old guys are like mountain goats, and as soon as you find some "untouched" vision of beauty out in the middle of nowhere, you'll hear the sound of some old Japanese dude hunting for matsutake or taranome, and he'll have a bag of sacrificial garbage to leave for the god of the mountain in the back of his kei truck.

There are certainly a lot of places that are quite beautiful, but none that I know of that are "untouched". These old guys are like mountain goats, and as soon as you find some "untouched" vision of beauty out in the middle of nowhere, you'll hear the sound of some old Japanese dude hunting for matsutake or taranome, and he'll have a bag of sacrificial garbage to leave for the god of the mountain in the back of his kei truck.

LOL... I know untouched will be hard, but I don't mind the old guys, they are always friendly ;-)

well okay, I live in anzu no sato mori, which translates to hometown of apricots. Really beautiful when they are in bloom, and you are more than welcome to a futon in my house if you want to spend some time filming the apricot blossoms.

And yeah, the old guys are always friendly.

well okay, I live in anzu no sato mori, which translates to hometown of apricots. Really beautiful when they are in bloom, and you are more than welcome to a futon in my house if you want to spend some time filming the apricot blossoms.

And yeah, the old guys are always friendly.

Thanks for the proposal! Much appreciated! Do you have any recommendation as when should I come to enjoy the apricot blooming?

I know this is an old tread, and I have seen you post every now and then. I've watched a lot of your video's and I just wanted to remind you of your Jan 2015 goal: 300 video's. You're getting close!

Keep up the amazing work!

Hi and thanks for the message!

Well actually it is a little bit more complicated than that, as I did not really failed my goal.

I have set a pace of 2 videos per weeks, every weeks. And there are 52 weeks a year so in Total 104 Videos per years. I started in November 2014 and today, 2 years later I have published 235 Videos online...

But what you cannot see is the Videos that have been shot and not yet published and the one that have been shot and need to be edited. Which result in a huge backlog!

While I am trying to mix things up, I am publishing today videos I shot a year ago! And as for today I am shooting 2 weeks per months with a total of around 30 to 45 videos during these two weeks.

I could actually stop shooting videos today and have enough content for a year and half... So nope I have not really failed has I have shot all these videos. Shooting and Publishing are two different things ;-)

235 or 300, it's a pretty impressive number of videos, considering their quality! 👍

Shooting and Publishing are two different things.

I have about a TB of photos to be sorted, processed (Photoshop helps to compensate for lack of photographic skills, lol) and uploaded, some of them dating back 4 years.

Hope you share a few of your new vids with us.

235 or 300, it's a pretty impressive number of videos, considering their quality! 👍

I have about a TB of photos to be sorted, processed (Photoshop helps to compensate for lack of photographic skills, lol) and uploaded, some of them dating back 4 years.

Hope you share a few of your new vids with us.
Thanks Thomas!
I have to admit that I have been getting really busy and I have a hard time keeping up with things and stop publishing here... I honestly would like to continue and I am looking for some help on this matter. I would love to find someone that could take care of this as well as taking care of our SNS accounts but when you have no budget... things are tough!

You might try using a service such as Patreon which lets people who follow your project show their appreciation through financial support.

You might try using a service such as Patreon which lets people who follow your project show their appreciation through financial support.
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the idea, but we already have a Patreon Page

TokyoStreetView is creating Videos | Patreon

If we could reach 1000 USD a month then we are golden. But as of today, we get more money from Patreon than from YouTube, even with a 70/30 split (70 for us)

Back
Top Bottom