Serelonde

後輩
12 Mar 2015
the phrase is:
出たに
"(de)ta ni"
upload_2015-5-21_18-17-23.png

-note that the 'ni' looks kind of like a 'K', I have no idea if that is normal-
I get that "deta" is 'came out', and "ni" is like 'by' or 'in' or 'to', but I dont see how they go together in this instance

kouiu (toki) tte o((futon)) kara (de)ta ni nakunaru na
parenthesis mean they word is in kanji, one set per kanji used

but then what's with the vertical line ?

A smudge? You wouldn't find the right side of に crimped like that. Possibly a 'k' if the person was doing romaji input and messed it up.

Where did you get this? What is it from?

Agreed. The letter is "K", not hiragana. The writer mistyped 出たくなくなる.

detakunakunaru --> press conversion key --> 出たくなくなる
detaknakunaru --> press conversion key --> 出たKなくなる

The readers recognize it as 出たくなくなる from the context, anyway.

it's handwritten dialogue on a non-professional manga, so its not from romaji...
That's obviously a handwritten-like font, not genuine handwritten.

oh, my bad! there were some printing smudges that made the characters look like they had more variation than they do...ugh i feel stupid.
so then what is 'detaku'? I dont see -taku as a conjugation, nor 'ku' as a particle...

no... Im not in a formal class, just self study by attempting to translate stuff I find. The guide im using for conjugation doesn't list a -tai form, what is it used for grammatically?

no... Im not in a formal class, just self study by attempting to translate stuff I find. The guide im using for conjugation doesn't list a -tai form, what is it used for grammatically?

Do yourself a monstrous favor and buy a textbook.

the first level textbook available at my university is like $60... used. Im saving up for it. :(

i form
Usage
  • To express a wish when followed by the ending -たい -tai: 食べたい tabetai: "I want to eat it", 行きたい ikitai: "I want to go". (The -tai ending conjugates as an -い -i adjective.)
Japanese verb conjugation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The -ku form of an i-adjective + なる" means "to become~".
出る --> 出たい --> 出たくない(negative) --> 出たくなくなる
Now you can infer the meaning of 出たくなくなる from this, right?

oh, my bad! there were some printing smudges that made the characters look like they had more variation than they do...ugh i feel stupid.
That's a mistype of romaji input, not a smudge, as I wrote. As you can see in the picture below, the "wedge" of "K" and く are different, and the うs and なs are completely the same.
8w0co4.png.jpg

And here's examples of handwritten-like fonts.
Kana handwriting | Japan Forum

i dont know about amazon but at the uni bookstore it is 46 used, plus another 20 for the workbook, I don't like to purchase used from amazon because they don't verify book conditions from third party vendors ( I have gotten majorly damaged books that were sold as "good" condition

Japanese verb conjugation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The -ku form of an i-adjective + なる" means "to become~".
出る --> 出たい --> 出たくない(negative) --> 出たくなくなる
Now you can infer the meaning of 出たくなくなる from this, right?
uh...
deru- come out
detai- want to come out
detaku- wanted to come out
detakunai- did not want...
detakunaku- *makes the endings match*
detakunakunaru- did not want to become coming out
-- 'I did not want to get out'/ 'I did not want to start coming out' ?

出た is not past here. It's just a part of a conjugation form 出たい, and has nothing to do with the past form 出た.

Only the last interpretation is wrong. It's "to become not to want to get out". It basically says "I don't want to get out of futon" as a result, though.

出た is not past here. It's just a part of a conjugation form 出たい, and has nothing to do with the past form 出た.

Only the last interpretation is wrong. It's "to become not to want to get out". It basically says "I don't want to get out of futon" as a result, though.
ok, the chart i was looking at was saying that -taku was the past form of -tai, but it wasn't making much sense that way. this makes much more sense
and OMF i need a textbook

I believe you misread something since ~たく is not past at all. The past form is ~たかった because the -tai form conjugates as an i-adjective, as explained in Wikipedia.
e.g.
, くない(negative), かった(past)
出た, 出たくない(negative), 出たかった(past)

Back
Top Bottom