What's new

Owning deactivated firearms in Japan?

Seriously lads this thread isn't about the moral or practical reasons for wanting a deactivated firearm. All I did was ask a simple question on whether it was possible to own them in Japan, and by now I've pretty much got my answer. This wasn't meant to be a discussion about the "point" of things. I thought this thread was 'Japan Practical', not 'Japan Reasons and Intentions'... :p

It's called "thread drift" and exists for the sole purpose of making sure that there is no human action which is exempt from the law of unintended consequences.

It's called "thread drift" and exists for the sole purpose of making sure that there is no human action which is exempt from the law of unintended consequences.
To think, I always called it conversation and thought it existed to create a framework for drinking beer. ;)

Seems more like "rambling" at this point.

I have reached the age where I expect to be allowed to ramble a bit now and then. Another few years and rambling is all that anyone could expect from me anyway.

Fair enough. ;)

In all seriousness, though, we do make a distinction on how we treat off-topic comments or comments that start drifting away from the original topic too much and it has to do with whether the OP's specific question has been answered already or not.

Getting off track before the original question has been sufficiently addressed will usually draw some mild admonition from some quarter while rambling a bit after the question has been satisfactorily answered is tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom