What's new

OT: inappropriate avatars

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
15 Mar 2002
I like your collection, young cadet. The coronation of your collection would be a full uniform of a Wehrmacht officer. They look really nicest, is probably due to the fact that Hugo Boss conceived them personally.

Your avatar is a photo of an actor portraying Amon Göth, a Nazi concentration camp commander and such a twisted, sick, and cruel beast that even the Nazis thought him a bit much and fired him from the job.

Are we meant to infer something from your choice of avatar? It doesn't violate the letter of the Forum Rules, but it certainly is in questionable taste.

Forum Rules | Japan Forum

Last edited:
@TheProphet, I have to agree with Mike: your avatar is most definitely contradictory to the spirit of this forum and I therefore urge you to change it. Posting an avatar of an actor portraying someone whose inhumanity and cruelty stood out even among his fellow SS henchmen can definitely be interpreted as "offensive" according to our Rules.

On the other hand, this rule seems relevant.
V. Off-topic posts, thread hijacking and reopening locked threads
Avoid posting messages that are out of context or irrelevant to a topic.

On the other hand, this rule seems relevant.
V. Off-topic posts, thread hijacking and reopening locked threads
Avoid posting messages that are out of context or irrelevant to a topic.

Feel free to give me an infraction or ban or whatever you feel appropriate; I'll not complain.

Your post is an excellent example of doing what you're speaking against, though.

Hi Thomas,

i'm still seeing the old picture as my avatar picture. I changed it several times, so I do not know why it's changing itself.

Back
Top Bottom