What's new

Online Japanese Dictionary

andree.surya

Registered
17 Jul 2016
Dear fellow Japanese language learners,

I would like to share about Kotobyte, an online Japanese dictionary that I built as a hobby project. If you're not happy with the dictionary that you have at the moment, please feel free to check the site out, it might just be the one that fits your needs!

What makes Kotobyte differ from other dictionary site is that it performs language analysis on your query to get a more comprehensive search result. For example, a search for 国民健康保険 (national health insurance) will return results for 国民健康保険, 国民 (citizen), 健康 (health), and 保険 (insurance). The site also handles inflected verbs. For example, the search for 食べ過ぎた (to overeat) will return results for 食べ過ぎる, 食べる (to eat), and 過ぎる (to exceed). I think this feature would be useful for beginners who're still having difficulty in deducing the dictionary form of an inflected verb.

Sorry for advertising in this site. I hope Kotobyte can be useful for you Japanese learning!

Thanks,
Andree

Just tried it on my iPad.

I looked up 壺. I clicked on the different variants to pull up the stroke order diagrams and found it impossible to get the diagram to close and revert back to the original page.

Just tried it on my iPad.

I looked up 壺. I clicked on the different variants to pull up the stroke order diagrams and found it impossible to get the diagram to close and revert back to the original page.

Hi Mike, thanks for trying the site out! You can close the diagram by tapping on the same character you just tapped to open the diagram. I agree, it's not very intuitive. Will fix it up soon. Meanwhile, please let me know if you still having problem closing the diagram.

Hi Mike, I just fixed the problem. Now you should be able to close the Kanji diagram by tapping anywhere outside the diagram popup. Thanks for reporting!

Back
Top Bottom