What's new

Omamori translation

af283

Registered
3 Apr 2018
Can someone please translate my omamori so i can return it to the correct temple please?
Ive only just found out its supposed to be kept for 1 year and now been 3

Attachments

• 20180403_151432.jpg
    20180403_151432.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 120
Thank you so much! I just googled and yes this seems to be the place.
Just wish i could go back in person :emoji_frowning2: maybe another time :emoji_fingers_crossed:
Thank you

Thank you so much! I just googled and yes this seems to be the place.
Just wish i could go back in person :emoji_frowning2: maybe another time :emoji_fingers_crossed:
Thank you
No problem. And I had no idea omamoris had time limits, so we both learned something today!

You may keep it as a souvenir. There is no obligation to return it or expectation that you do so.

The main idea behind having people bring them back is so the temple can sell them another one the next year.

You bought it; you didn't lease it.

:emoji_flushed::emoji_face_palm: would really hope not :emoji_face_palm:

I have one to protect against evil and wouldnt wish bad vibes on anyone. If someone else had mine I'd worry for them? If i included a letter in google translated japanese would that help?

I've met a seller on etsy who is willing to get me another omamori to protect against evil. Ive 100% trusted in this amulet. Id really like it disposed of correctly and this seller offering to get me 1 from nara. Nara is 1 of my favourite places on earth, its so beautiful and i have so many happy memories from there. Deer are one of my favourite animals too :emoji_slight_smile:.

Would give anything to go back to Japan. Loveliest people, so kind.
I sat in subway (the sandwich place), saving a seat at a bar stool area for my husband. A japanese woman flung her handbag and jacket to save the seat beside me while alone. This was a bit stunning. Why on earth would she trust me near her things?! - i could steal them!!! But this is japan and doesnt happen? Was strange/nice to see and experience.

The bowing to the plane leaving (amongst everything else) hit me.
I've travelled a lot, especially Europe, S.E Asia, but Japan is my favourite of all.

In 2016, there were 499,201 traffic accidents. It would not surprise me in the least if each and every vehicle had at least one traffic safety charm, amulet, sticker, etc from some shrine or temple.

They're quaint anachronistic knick-knacks the sales of which help to maintain the shrine or temple. They aren't imbued with mystical magical powers. Think of it like buying a coffee mug to support your favorite podcast.

There are temples which sell this stuff online. You don't have to know somebody.

Back
Top Bottom