What's new

Got to enter the job market

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
4 Sep 2015
Although I don't have a college degree, I have the experience of an English conversation teacher, teaching all ages . For you English conversation teachers here, what kind of hourly wage should I ask for. I'm going to try for flexible hours and work part-time to start off with.

Well, I submitted my resume this morning to one of the nation's largest 英会話 schools. I was introduced to the 英会話 school by a friend who works for it.
I did go to Hello Works yesterday, I didn't complete the application, but will with the help of the international group here in town. Would like to get in to a job doing wallpaper hanging. Although I had a C-33 contractor license, and went to school for paper hanging, I actually ended up doing very little paper hanging. We used to have to paste the paper, nowadays the paper here in japan mostly comes mostly pre-pasted. At least for the homeowner at Juntento. Times have change.

Have you seen what the market is like for English teachers? You pretty much don't have any say in asking for anything. It's an employer's market, so you take what they offer. What sort of experience have you had in eikaiwa, anyway?

For more advice from a lot more teachers, I'd suggest visiting the ESL Cafe.

Have you seen what the market is like for English teachers? You pretty much don't have any say in asking for anything. It's an employer's market, so you take what they offer. What sort of experience have you had in eikaiwa, anyway?

For more advice from a lot more teachers, I'd suggest visiting the ESL Cafe.

Hi Glenski
I don't know what the market is for English conversation teachers, but yesterday I found out. Looks like it is a tough entry to get into at the moment. Thanks for the link on ESL.
If you can, send me a private message and I'll get back to you on your question.

Back
Top Bottom