What's new

Nuance of [どなたがサポートしていますか]

Kraise

先輩
8 Mar 2013
Hiho there guys, today's question is not much of a big deal, but some feedback from some veterans is much appreciated;

First, some background. A volunteer from JICA came to the 学校 this year, last week he asked me to help him figure out a good internet plan from one of the local companies since he couldnt speak portuguese.

After telling him what I considered the best, given his personal needs, I also asked who was the one in charge of helping him with "mundane" tasks here in my country, in case he had no one I would offer myself to guide him.

I said something around these lines :

-[]... ここ,ブラジルではどなたがサポートしていますか...[]

My question(s) are the following, what kind of nuance does サポート have? Does it work well for what I was trying to achieve? some 言い換え is also appreciated if there are set phrases or more natural versions of that.

Thank you guys

サポート is not bad, but sounds like talking about business side. I would say 他に何かお困りのことはありませんか?, 他に何かお手伝いできることはありますか? or something along the line.

サポート is not bad, but sounds like talking about business side. I would say 他に何かお困りのことはありませんか?, 他に何かお手伝いできることはありますか? or something along the line.
Much appreciated, Toritoribe san

what about in the specific case of asking :
- "Is there anyone in charge of helping you with daily tasks ?"

How would you phrase that?

thank you as always

他に何か can connote it, but adding お仕事以外のことでも/日常生活のことでも構いませんよ after it would make your intention clearer.

Definitely, thank you
My self-confidence drops hard sometimes, even when the matter isnt complicated at all!

I like the expression 力になる

I usually tell the new 後輩 at work, 俺が力になることがあれば、24時間受付中だ。遠慮要らないよ。

I like the expression 力になる

I usually tell the new 後輩 at work, 俺が力になることがあれば、24時間受付中だ。遠慮要らないよ。

thank you Mike
I didnt know this expression , the closer to that I've ever seen was "力を貸す" , thats one new entry for my passive/active vocab :D

Back
Top Bottom