What's new

New to japenese - looking for learning friends

Jon G

Registered
Hi

I first developed a love for wanting to learn listening to J music. I really like Stereo pony. :)

However for that last few months I have been trying to learn. but I think I need to surrond my self the best i can with people who speak Japanese

if you would like to spend time talking with me I will be happy to teach English in return, I am no shakesphere, But I can get you not sounding like a tourist. which will help you out a tonne. :)

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Staff member
Admin
Ratings
3 483
Hi Jon , welcome to JREF. If you take the time to read through posts here on learning Japanese , there is about 13 years of helpful info. Once you get more deeply into Japanese , there are many members here who will help you. I would guess 80% or more of our posting members here are non-Japanese and English is the most used language here. If you can tell us why you want to learn Japanese and what you will use it for , it may help to steer you in the right direction. Getting responses to questions here sometimes takes a while. You have to consider the time difference from Japan and some members only have time to log in over the weekend. Many Japanese work 60 hours or more a week and don't get home to late in the evening , no time for posting.

Jon G

Registered
Thanks Frank, I was first interested by the music, I find it very relaxing.

i will keep on reading the forum and I try and learn a couple of words a day, they hardest thing I have found so far is trying to write things down.