What's new

Needs to be translated to English from Japanese

e4nzix

Registered
21 Jul 2017
I also have something that needs to be translated to English from Japanese. A quick story behind it; A friend of mine was invited to an all Japanese only establishment in Okinawa for his birthday party. The people that invited him said he could bring some friends. I went, had a GREAT time and met a few friends. A young man liked my blue silk shirt that had Japanese characters all over it. I bought it in the States, but was wearing it on this night. I took off the shirt and gave it to him because he really liked it so much! He couldn't help but be mesmerized and the gift. So in turn, he traded me his only Zippo lighter!! He wrote on a piece of paper, i folded it up and stuck it inside the Zippo cap, and I still dont know what it says! That happened in 2001/2002 I have a picture of the piece of paper if anyone would like to see if they know what it says? Thank you so much for any help, and I look forward to speaking with everyone!! ;):)

Thank you for helping me out! I have wondered about this since 2002!

Attachments

• img_2.jpg
    img_2.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 130
Kyan Manabu

That's a male name. Kyan is a surname common in Okinawa, or at least his ancestor is from Okinawa.

Thank you SO MUCH!!!! I literally have water in my eyes!! You have no idea how much that means to me to know this. Maybe I will be able to find him on Facebook, or when my wife and I visit Okinawa again! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Is it right side up?

Yes. Incidentally, his kanji name is 喜屋武学. The first three characters are his surname "Kyan", and the last one is his given name "Manabu".

That's so amazing. I still can't thank you enough! That is great to know, and I think I found him on Facebook. He hasn't logged in since 2014 though. But who knows. The world is a small place! THANK YOU!!!

Back
Top Bottom