What's new

Need a word or phrase translated?

I have 2 antique pictures can anyone translate the writing on them for me?

Attachments

• Antique-picture01.jpg
    Antique-picture01.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 383
  • Antique-picture02.jpg
    Antique-picture02.jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 361
the first picture
(辛?)南夏
露茜瑪琍

That's not Japanese. The second line is a Chinese transliteration of Lucy Mary, and the stamp 路茜馬利 is also another version of Lucy Mary, Judging from the way it's written, it seems that the writer actually didn't know kanji, or at least was not familiar with writing kanji.

the second one
Seems like a Japanese surname 来井, reading Yodoi, Kurui, Kii, etc.

the first picture
(辛?)南夏
露茜瑪琍

That's not Japanese. The second line is a Chinese transliteration of Lucy Mary, and the stamp 路茜馬利 is also another version of Lucy Mary, Judging from the way it's written, it seems that the writer actually didn't know kanji, or at least was not familiar with writing kanji.

the second one
Seems like a Japanese surname 来井, reading Yodoi, Kurui, Kii, etc.
Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

見方 is a typo of 方.

Two interpretations are possible;

その人以外のなにものでもない誰かのために
自分以外のなにものでもない自分のために
for someone who is not someone else than them
for me who is not someone else than me

and

特別ななにものかではない誰かのために
特別ななにものかではない自分のために
for someone who is not someone special (a special person)
for me who is not someone special (a special person)

I prefer the latter one.

By the way, it reminds me of a climax scene of a manga (and the movie version of it). Right before a naginata match, two girls, protagonist (ordinary player) and her rival (genius player), had a monologue in their minds (the first line is said by the protagonist, the second is by the rival, and the last is said by both of them at the same time).

何者でもない私が、何者かになるためには
何者かであるべき私が、それを証明するためには
踏み出さなくてはならない。

何者 means "a special person" here.

Thank you very much, Toritoribe! That helps a lot! I thought 何者でもない had a more negative meaning, like "a nobody", someone worthless, but with your explenation it makes much more sense :)

Thank you very much, Toritoribe! That helps a lot! I thought 何者でもない had a more negative meaning, like "a nobody", someone worthless, but with your explenation it makes much more sense :)
What are you going to translate it to? I think nobody is the most natural English word. (Nobody doesn't always mean worthless.)
I suppose you could go with
for someone who's not special
for me who's not special

What are you going to translate it to? I think nobody is the most natural English word. (Nobody doesn't always mean worthless.)
I suppose you could go with
for me who's not special
I actually have to translate it into Polish :) But I think I will go with something similar to
for me who's not special

I have another favour to ask. Could anyone help me with translating the phrase ありゅいっ? Here's the page where it's taken from. The girl is thanking her firend for setting up her email address.
0019.jpg

That's just a lapse of the tongue. She failed in pronouncing あり(がとう). (I don't know the context exactly, but because of being tense/nervous, perhaps.)

That's just a lapse of the tongue. She failed in pronouncing あり(がとう). (I don't know the context exactly, but because of being tense/nervous, perhaps.)
Okey, that must be it. Yes, she is nervous in that scene. Thank you, Toritoribe!

Kusunoki-yashiki no monogatari Start Program

Chage to "Kusunoki-yashiki no monogatari" Game disc.
After that, press "OK" button.

反動 means "reaction/back action", so 攻撃の反動 often refers to something like "ill effects" caused on the attacker by the attack.

反動 means "reaction/back action", so 攻撃の反動 often refers to something like "ill effects" caused on the attacker by the attack.

Thank you Toritoribe. So, this whole sentence would mean: As the effect of the attack I (or he or she) cannot move?

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a translation of 覚えていて 僕のことを, and some explanation for some in-deep meaning. Thanks you very much for your time and patience 🙏😀

Klayton,

"Ore" means "I" but it is not a polite way to say "I". I think this what you mean by "deeper meaning ".

"Ore" means "I" but it is not a polite way to say "I". I think this what you mean by "deeper meaning ".

Just a guess, but Klayton was probably more interested in knowing about the meanings of words that actually appear in the text he provided, rather than words that do not appear there at all.

If got some other meaning or not, maybe depending on context. Because si for a tattoo
That's an inversion. The usual word order is 僕のことを覚えていて. Where did you find it? In an anime song lyrics, by any chance?

Hi, does anyone know what is the metaphorical or idiomatic meaning of 藪に突っ込んでしまった? It's used to describe a girl, who is talking about some wild and not very probable fantasty she's got. She's sounding a bit crazy and delusional, she kinds of starts talking to herself.

The most common proverbs/set phrases using 藪 are 藪から棒 or 藪蛇(藪をつついて蛇を出す). It might have something to do with these words, but more detailed context is needed, anyway.

The most common proverbs/set phrases using 藪 are 藪から棒 or 藪蛇(藪をつついて蛇を出す). It might have something to do with these words, but more detailed context is needed, anyway.
/
Here is part of the story where that phrase is used. From the context I think it might mean that she's gone into her own world?

It's from the latter one 藪蛇(藪をつついて蛇を出す); I apparently seem to have brought trouble upon myself.

Back
Top Bottom