What's new

Need a word or phrase translated?

Hello! I have one thing to you, could you translate it? Is it right that it means "sad, happy" ?

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 110
For each kanji, yes, but note that it's interpreted as a single compound word when it's written like that, and 悲幸 doesn't make much sense as a compound word.
Tattoo?

For each kanji, yes, but note that it's interpreted as a single compound word when it's written like that, and 悲幸 doesn't make much sense as a compound word.
Tattoo?
Yes it's tattoo idea. I Would love to make sentence that could express my feelings since i am bipolar but i think that there is no such a word in japanese dictionary, am i right? Or maybe you have some better idea how could i put it together.

毎回、職業の違う男を探してプレイするの。弁護し、医者、銀行員、芸能人に自称作家の先生、面白いことでは漫画家・・・もちろん、警察官もいたわ。

In that part 芸能人に自称作家の先生 which に is it, appending as in 「種島さんに山田君ですね」, or exemplifying as in 「おくりものたばこ」?

Is it "a clebrity, a self-proclaimed writer" or "as for a celebrity - there was a self-proclaimed writer"?

upper picture
みさを
Misao (given name used for both male and female)

lower one
寺井請合上
High-quality guaranteed by Terai (surname or company name)
or
Quality of the above guaranteed by Terai

Hi, could someone help me with translating this sentence: 小鷹は意を決して隣人部の星奈のもとへと告白の返事に向かう。

Hi, could someone help me with translating this sentence: 小鷹は意を決して隣人部の星奈のもとへと告白の返事に向かう。
Just a guess but:
小鷹 resolved to reply to 隣人部の星奈's confession (or profession of love).

Hi everyone,

What's the difference between these two:

ビックリする
びっくりする

向かう is the future tense, and the meaning is the same as 行く there.

小鷹 makes a decision and is going to go to 隣人部の星奈 to reply to her confession.

Hi, I need some help about a sentence: [name of the fictive city]で見送ったと言うとったぞ
This is from a manga (much more accessible thanks to the presence of furigana). I really have trouble understanding the form と言うとった. Is it a grammatical form? What does it bring to the sentence and what is the difference with simply "見送ったと言った"?

とった (it's written in hiragana in the manga) is very similar to "toru" verbs such as 取る, 採る, 執る, etc., but I don't really understand. If you could enlighten me on the role of this part, and on the meaning to be given to the sentence, I would appreciate it! :)
(Do not hesitate if you need more details on the sentence. Thank you.)

That's a dialect mostly used in Kansai region. 言うとった is the contraction of 言うておった. 言うて is a dialectal variation of 言って, and おった is the past form of おる, which is also a dialect of いる, thus, 言うとった is equivalent to 言っていた in standard Japanese.

Hi, I have these two sentences in a manga I am translating and unfortunately there's not much context to it. It's an internal monologue of a guy, who thinks about someone who might be his friend俺はお前の見方だって笑顔で返してあげたいのだ。Which I understand, but then he says ...なにものでもない誰かのために なにものでもない自分のために。

Does anyone have any idea how to translate these two sentences?
image168.jpg image169.jpg

Hi, I have these two sentences in a manga I am translating and unfortunately there's not much context to it. It's an internal monologue of a guy, who thinks about someone who might be his friend俺はお前の見方だって笑顔で返してあげたいのだ。Which I understand, but then he says ...なにものでもない誰かのために なにものでもない自分のために。

How about
for a nobody
for a nobody like me

見方 is a typo of 方.

Two interpretations are possible;

その人以外のなにものでもない誰かのために
自分以外のなにものでもない自分のために
for someone who is not someone else than them
for me who is not someone else than me

and

特別ななにものかではない誰かのために
特別ななにものかではない自分のために
for someone who is not someone special (a special person)
for me who is not someone special (a special person)

I prefer the latter one.

By the way, it reminds me of a climax scene of a manga (and the movie version of it). Right before a naginata match, two girls, protagonist (ordinary player) and her rival (genius player), had a monologue in their minds (the first line is said by the protagonist, the second is by the rival, and the last is said by both of them at the same time).

何者でもない私が、何者かになるためには
何者かであるべき私が、それを証明するためには
踏み出さなくてはならない。

何者 means "a special person" here.

Back
Top Bottom