What's new

Navigation planks on telephone poles.

Ratings
I'm familiar with those large vertical 街区表示板 that clearly indicate 区 then 町 then 丁目 and finally 街区, and their smaller versions that include 番号.

Now i'd like to learn how to read those smaller vertical planks on telephone/lamp poles. I've noticed that there are two types of them.
There's a rectangular type, that seems to indicate a 町 followed by 幹 or 支, also specifying whether it is 東 西 北 南 or 元 road.
Followed by a single number for 幹 and a pair of numbers with 右/左 for 支.
Then there's another type with rounded edges, that indicates a horizontal number with katakana attached to it, followed by a horizontal number and finally another horizontal number.

While the information appears to be deducible given enough time and effort (and maps), i hope someone can explain the way to read those planks here, or provide a link to standards, regulating them (i bet the planks are standardized)

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
You would have to ask the electric company. Those are for the power grid, not street addresses.

Ratings
Oh. Now those 幹 and 支 make more sense. Just thought that learning to read them would be handy, 街区表示板 are not as pervasive as those power grid planks. Thank you, Mike!