What's new

My Japanese Learning App

ranajirune

後輩
30 Apr 2016
Hey guys, I need your support. I'm an indie developer and at the same time I'm learning Japanese. I've just uploaded my first app and I need your feedback to make it better. The app is about learning Japanese. I'm currently making more contents for future updates. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links here but if you are interested, you can search for Japanese Learning Essentials in the Google Play store.

Hey guys, I need your support. I'm an indie developer and at the same time I'm learning Japanese. I've just uploaded my first app and I need your feedback to make it better. The app is about learning Japanese. I'm currently making more contents for future updates. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links here but if you are interested, you can search for Japanese Learning Essentials in the Google Play store.
Yeah I got this app and its really helpful, I am trying to learn Japanese and this is a good way to start! Keep up the good work! :)

Yeah I got this app and its really helpful, I am trying to learn Japanese and this is a good way to start! Keep up the good work! :)
ありがとうございます (Arigatou gozaimasu)
Thanks, man I appreciate it :) If you have any suggestions or anything you'd like to be added, I'll be glad to hear it.

Haha, I'm glad I saw this. I'm in the same boat where I'm learning Japanese and was toying with the idea of making an app to store resources and help others learn as well.

I've just downloaded the app to give it a try, and certainly I like where your going with it. The UI is simple and clear, it's nice to have something that isn't to 'in your face' with bright flashy colours etc. The phrases section is all laid out really well (Maybe audio playback on phrases at some stage?). A easy access grammar section is definitely worth having, will be good to see more content in that area.

Only thing I would say with the writing system section at this stage is that for reference purposes it might be better to have the tables of hiragana and katakana accessible via links directly from the main menu for easier / quicker access. Also I just quickly tested this on my phone (HTC One M7), and when holding it portrait the tables don't scale to the screen width, so you have to scroll across to see the full table of characters. Again though I know this is still early stages, so you've probably already got all this planned in an update lol

Anyway, great to see you are learning Japanese as well and that you are making something to help others learn as well! :D

I look forward to seeing how it progresses as you update it.

Haha, I'm glad I saw this. I'm in the same boat where I'm learning Japanese and was toying with the idea of making an app to store resources and help others learn as well.

I've just downloaded the app to give it a try, and certainly I like where your going with it. The UI is simple and clear, it's nice to have something that isn't to 'in your face' with bright flashy colours etc. The phrases section is all laid out really well (Maybe audio playback on phrases at some stage?). A easy access grammar section is definitely worth having, will be good to see more content in that area.

Only thing I would say with the writing system section at this stage is that for reference purposes it might be better to have the tables of hiragana and katakana accessible via links directly from the main menu for easier / quicker access. Also I just quickly tested this on my phone (HTC One M7), and when holding it portrait the tables don't scale to the screen width, so you have to scroll across to see the full table of characters. Again though I know this is still early stages, so you've probably already got all this planned in an update lol

Anyway, great to see you are learning Japanese as well and that you are making something to help others learn as well! :D

I look forward to seeing how it progresses as you update it.

Thank you for the feedback :) It's well noted. I'm planning to release more content by next week. The quick access feature would be really helpful and regarding the layout, I'm working on that to address different screen sizes and orientations. Keep updated :)

Thank you for the feedback :) It's well noted. I'm planning to release more content by next week. The quick access feature would be really helpful and regarding the layout, I'm working on that to address different screen sizes and orientations. Keep updated :)
Phrases would be nice, like sentences that people can use for conversations just a thought I would think that would be super!

I would like to request casual conversation phrases please, it would be great! Keep up the good work, it's really showing and paying off :)
Hey Justin, I've just added your request. To get the update, go to Phrases from the main menu then click the 3-dotted icon just above the list of categories then click "Get more phrases".

Hey Justin, I've just added your request. To get the update, go to Phrases from the main menu then click the 3-dotted icon just above the list of categories then click "Get more phrases".
Cheers mate! I really appreciate this :) To be completely honest, I really think you're a really good developer one of the first I am seen that interacts and helps the users (which is very hard to find now a days, almost rare), truly amazing keep up the good work, thanks for taking my suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom