What's new

My family's Mon and any living relatives

nagman58

Registered
15 Mar 2002
I am in search of my family's Mon and any living relatives. My grandfather was born in the village of Saga in the Yamaguchi Prefecture. My grandfathers name was Minosuke Nagaki, he was born on February 9, 1881. I would appreciate any help in obtaining this information.

yours truly

William Nagaki

nagman58 said:
I am in search of my family's Mon and any living relatives. My grandfather was born in the village of Saga in the Yamaguchi Prefecture. My grandfather's name was Minosuke Nagaki, he was born on February 9, 1881. I would appreciate any help in obtaining this information.

yours truly

William Nagaki
ask the police,they have a direct link to the governments,computer system that logs and tracks all people within japan.

If you don't have any connections with relatives living in Japan, this may be difficult. Since you know your grandfather's name and home town, the most effective way would probably be to go to Japan and go there. If you're lucky, Nagaki is not a common name (at least it isn't Suzuki) and you may be able to find records.

As for a Ka-mon, there is no direct connection between a family name and a mon (unless you belong to the Imperial family), so it would be impossible to say based on the information provided. If you are fortunate enough to find a family grave site in Saga, you may be able to get a rubbing from the grave marker (that's how I got my avatar).

If you can read/write Japanese, you may be able to do some research on the web, but since I can't I don't know what's out there.

I did find this website for Saga City:
<http://www.city.saga.saga.jp/en/>

Good Luck,
taira

A Golden Oldie !!

Nagman hasn't been on since 2003, but who knows, this reply might bring him back. Pretty neat, the post goes back to 2001 when the JREF Forum was in its infancy.

Frank

😊

Back
Top Bottom