What's new

moving to other city on spouse visa

Candy40

Kouhai
Reaction score
I was working in nagoya area for 10 years.
This is my visa history.
1) 7 years engineer visa(1+3+3)
2) 4 years spouse visa(3+1)
Latest visa period is 1 year.
My Visa will expire in mid of Feb. I have to update my visa soon. Now I got job in Tokyo since July. But initially job was not stable. Now job is stable. I am going to change my adrress to Tokyo. Its big demirit on spouse visa if living separately from wife, visa may reduce to 1 year. We have son too. I paying tax, doing work of engineer continuously with good chatacter. My wife has permanent job in Nagoya. She cannot move with me immediately. Now me and my wife are thinking following options for getting longer visa & apply PR.
1)Keep my address on my wife`s native place address(Same Jyuminhyou) and go to Tokyo as temporary move for job(単身赴任).We can explain immigration.
2)Extend with for enginner visa in worst case
As per immigration, I might get 3 or 5 years engineer visa too since I have strong engineer visa history in the past. I have both spouse or engineer option too.
Please let me know which is best for applying PR?.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
You can apply for PR and an extension of your spouse visa at the same time.

Candy40

Kouhai
Reaction score
Mike,
Thanks for kind reply. We will apply at a time. The question is whether Tokyo immigration will approve and extend my visa for 3 years when I am not living with my wife but having same juminhyo at Nagoya? Will it be accepted by Tokyo immigration?

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
Japanese who are married live separately sometimes. Remind them of that. And, if they press you on this (stupid) issue, tell them honestly that you and your wife are currently considering when is the best time for her to move. You just can't give a specific date at this point because of her career. Bring her with you to immigration, too.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
If the extension is only for one year, so what? It isn't a punishment. It isn't a deportation notice. You just have to do the process again one year later instead of three years later.