What's new

MEXT university and embassy recommendation

Fabcal

Registered
4 Dec 2018
Hi guys, I have applied to the MEXT scholarship university recommendation for a Master programme. However, I have been checking in internet about the date for the results. So far, I have read that the university inform you whether or not you got a place during February, but the actual answer about the scholarship is around July.

So, I have a question, is it possible to apply for the MEXT scholarship (embassy recommendation) while waiting for the results of the university recommendation?

I am confused, because as far as know, for the embassy recommendation I have the chance to pick three universities and if I am not allowed to apply (because I am waiting for the results of the University recommendation) that would be an opportunity wasted.

Have you apply for both? is it possible?

Hi, Fabcal. You cannot apply for Embassy Recommendation for year 2019. The application period for it is over.

You can apply for Embassy Recommendation for year 2020 in March-April or whenever the application starts in your country. But, I don't think you want that.

So, all you can do is, wait for the results. Best of Luck!

Sorry, maybe I did not explain quite well.

I have sent my documents to the university last month, the university is supposed to give an answer in February. That answer is only to know whether or not I am accepted to that institution. Then, if I am accepted I have to wait till May, Jun, July (I am not quite sure) in order to know if I will get the scholarship. If I am given the scholarship, I would start September 2019.

However, I want to know if it possible to apply for the embassy recommendation MEXT in 2019 (to start in 2020) which application starts during May in my country.
As you can see, I would not have an answer regarding the scholarship 2019 yet, but I would like to apply in every application period. Hopefully I would get this time, but I wanna take every opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom