What's new

Master's University of Tokyo 2015 (MEXT)

okabe

Registered
4 Oct 2014
Hey guys
Anyone applying for International graduate program at u tokyo or tokyo tech. ? Iam from Mechanical engineering wanna do master's at either University of Tokyo (Todai) or Tokyo Institute of Technology(Tokodai) in Aerospace.
If you guys are somewhat related to the field (any engineering) just leave a reply. Would like to hear from you guys about your plan. Coz its time!! :)

Last edited:
Hi

I am waiting for the 2nd screening of MEXT.
I want to do a master degree in Chemical engineering in Titech

Hi MedRamy
Are you under the under the embassy recommendation? Iam applying through University.

I applied through embassy recommendation in my home country.
The second screening starts this period and I am a little nervous xD

ahh!!! Don't worry you'll get through. ;-) How well did you get with the research proposal? iam having tough time with it. :( And iam unaware of Embassy screening.. whats happens at the first and second screening?

I discussed the research proposal with the professor willing to accept me.

For the first screening, it's conducted by the embassy ( english and japanese exams, then interview)
After passing the first screening and getting the letter of acceptance, the second screening is conducted in japan by MEXT...I'm not exactly sure what they do in the second screening.

The final decision should be normally in January.

How did you go on with your letter of acceptance? Did you by any chance use the Sustainable Energy Program(SEP) preliminary application form?. The website says to send this preliminary form to both coordinator and the faculty at the same time. I wanted to know what you did on your side.

Hey okabe :D
Sorry for my delayed reply.
For my LoA I contacted directly the professor, I didn't use SEP application form.
After a long discussion (about my research proposal) and an interview with 3 professors (presentation of my graduation project and a plan for research in japan), they decided to give me the LoA.
Actually I passed the second screening done by MEXT, and still waiting for the final decision.
What about you ?

Hi Okabe,

Like MedRamy, I also applied to Tokodai (Tokyo Tech) for Chemical Engineering. I was going to apply to Mechanical Engineering, but Kubouchi-sensei in ChemE does research closer to my interests so I switched. However, I have talked with Mizutani-sensei from MechE a lot and he is very nice, very smart. What area of aerospace do you want to study? Materials/mechanics, dynamics/controls, or flight/fluids?

Back
Top Bottom