What's new

MacArthur & Hirohito's first meeting

I'm taking sides with the Showa Emperor.

The poor guy was virtually a puppet, had to take blame for what both the army and navy did, and to top it off he had to go public that he wasn't some deified personality.

But, he WAS the emperor. He controlled everything!
Yeah, he controlled his household and all kinds of boring rituals and ceremonies.

@ information -- cover up
Mac Arthur depended on Japanese locals for help. So what do you expect? A person totally believing in their Emperor willing to wilfully write something that might harm their country. That was at that time. It does no good to complain now about what has happened.

If they're going to complain about information cover ups, why don't they dig out all the translators who on purposely left horrendous ambiquities in the consititution.

"Oh yes Mac Arthur sama, we translated exactly as you asked. See here ... Japan shall posse no armys or navys."

Actual thought pattern ... "Oh yes Lord Hairy Mac Monkey, we did exactly what you wouldn't expect because you're so stupid to trust us, we left holes where ever possible, especially in regards in that silly and ridiculous army and navy clause ... We'll be sure to do our best to make a bigger and hairier monkey out of you."

I read about this, too, somewhere.

The theory in the book(?) where I read it was that MacArthur was thinking about the presidency of the U.S., and he thought that the idea of the emporer of Japan personally taking responsibility/apologizing(?) for the war to him directly would help his standings among the U.S. electorate.

William Merrell Vories

He did a good job for meeting of Emperor Hirohito and MacArthur.
http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~v-c/englishversion/eindex.html
http://www.gaido.jp/machikado/vories/

ツ渉コヒ彗窶弖ツ皇窶堙ーナステァ窶堙≫?堋スニ停?敞辿ツーニ椎?ニ炭

ツ渉コヒ彗58窶扼10ナ椎ス31窶愿コツ、窶愬停?ケナセツ新窶「ツキ窶堙債、ツ「ツ終ツ静ュ窶卍シナ津」窶堙俄?弖ツ皇窶堙?筑ニ鍛ニ谷ツーニ探ツーナ陳ウツ脆停?堙娯?ーテッナ陳ゥ窶堙娯?堋ス窶堙溪?堙家停?敞辿ツーニ椎?ニ炭窶堋ェ窶佚・窶堋ォ窶堙闇?ヒ??禿エ窶堙ー窶堋オ窶堋スツ」窶堙??堋「窶堋、窶愿?窶覇窶堙娯?ケLナス窶凪?堙ー窶「テア窶堋カ窶堋スツ。窶堋ア窶堙ェ窶堙坂?「テ?坂?倪?堙娯?佚・ナ?w窶ケツウナステカニ停ぎツーニ但窶堙戸彑窶「ツカ窶堙ー窶敖ュ窶「\窶堋キ窶堙ゥナ蛋窶堙?スナク窶堙娯?堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙俄?「テア窶堋カ窶堙ァ窶堙ェ窶堙??堋「窶堙ゥツ。
ツ「窶「テ?人ツ静ゥ窶ケツウナスtツ、ニ脱ニ達ニ椎?ニ但ニ停ぎツ・窶嗟ツ・ニ停?敞辿ツーニ椎?ニ炭ナスt窶堙哉筑ニ鍛ニ谷ツーニ探ツーナ陳ウツ脆停?堙ー窶適窶堙仰、窶弖ツ皇ツ祥??ケテカ窶禿「窶佚ィ窶堙??ケテ溪?ーq窶「ツカ窶凪?コナ陳ウナステア窶佛?窶堙??ーテッ窶冖窶堋キ窶堙ゥ窶堙ヲ窶堋、窶堙俄?吮?。窶ーテョツ工ツ催ャ窶堙戸廱窶堙ー窶堙??堙≫?堋スツ…ツ」ツ(ツ『窶愬停?ケナセツ新窶「ツキツ』窶堙ヲ窶堙ィ窶敖イツ斥?)
http://www.gaido.jp/machikado/vories/02/

according to MacArthur Recollection record:
The emperor visited MacArthur by his intention at GHQ(窶佚ヲヒ?ェツ青カ窶督スニ池ニ停?ケツ) 9/27/1945
The emperor seid MacArthur
"I have all the responsibilities of the war.I take any kind of Punishment.
I want you to save the nation"
MacArthur was very surprised.........
I was shaken by large impression.
Responsibility with death
His attitude that this courage to try to undertake the responsibility for the war made me impressed.
I thought this Emperor were Japanese the best gentlemen
as the Japanese sense, these words of the Emperor are not so surprising
after occupation of Japan , whenツ GHQ announced the assets of the Emperorツ was 1600million yen, the Japanese was not surprised at all .
There seems to be a difference of a sense for monarchy of the Japanese and the foreigner .
A monarch of all countries except Japan has the vast property which he plundered from the people.
When a revolution and war, a political change happen as for such monarch, they demand a guarantee of one's life and maintenance of property promptly and plan exile.
Therefore GHQ announced assets of the Emperors and would be going to bring about antipathy of the nation.
MacArthur participated in Korean War afterwards.
When MacArthur experienced difficulty with a strategic aspect in the Far East Eurasian Continent,The Japanese Asian aggression showed the opinion that was war for "self-defense.
Emperor's patrol tour for ppl(1946~8)

Last edited:
Thinking about the negociation between U.S. & Soviet Union and ANZUS, the paragraph seemed like fiction.

Back
Top Bottom