What's new

Lost contact with a pen pal.

gbvoris

Registered
10 May 2017
I recently founds Pen Pal letters from Teruko Horii, last contact with her was July 11, 1962. I have the address (from 1962!).
513 Zaimokuza, Kamakura-shi
Kanagawa-ken
Japan

You have either missed something on the number portion or the addresses in that area were reorganized at some point in the last 55 years, which is entirely possible.

Do you have any other information that might provide some clues?

As Mike-san wrote, you might miss the address. If it's 513 Ranbashi-zaimokuza, the present address is 14-9 Zaimokuza 5chome, Kamakura-shi. Another possibility is 5-1-3 Zaimokuza (= 1-3 Zaimokuza 5chome), but this address started to be used since October 1, 1964, so I think Ranbashi-zaimokuza is more possible. Anyway, I checked the both addresses, and found that Horii family doesn't live there now (Shimazu is at the former address, and Hotta is at the latter).

You have either missed something on the number portion or the addresses in that area were reorganized at some point in the last 55 years, which is entirely possible.

Do you have any other information that might provide some clues?
From a letter:
"My father's employed in a company.
This company was founded by my great-grandfather in about 1894, the copying-presses and made by there."
As we were early teens, I would think that she would have married and, if name customs are similar to here, changed her family name.
As i read the envelope, the address is as I sent it, I could scann and send an image.....

Back
Top Bottom