What's new

Looking for refurbished DSLR camera

hiverloon

先輩
23 Aug 2015
In Amazon US, they have this "certified refurbished" qualification, in addition to the "new" and "used", for some electronic products which allows the buyer to get the product with almost as high quality as the original products with substantially cheaper price. As I see in Japanese Amazon they don't seem to have refurbished ones. I am looking for a DSLR camera of certain type and I wonder if I can find refurbished version (be it online or at a physical shop) which is certified, or something like that, in Japan. Among the brands that apparently rebuild their flawed cameras and certifies them to qualify as a good consumer products in the US is Nikon which is a Japanese company. Do they also do the same thing in their own country's market?

If it's something near new that you want (new in the sense of recent), look up the item on amazon here and click on used: 中古品. Then look for both ほぼ新品 and a seller with the best rating.

If it's something near new that you want (new in the sense of recent), look up the item on amazon here and click on used: 中古品. Then look for both ほぼ新品 and a seller with the best rating.
Thanks for the reply.
AFAIK used means it has reached consumer's hand but resold for whatever reason. If the seller is highly rated and they offer relatively long warranty, then they must be confident with the quality of their used goods and should be a good alternative to refurbished. For now I will try to find the latter first, which has been re-tested and certified by the original company.

If the reseller is a shop they often provide documentation relating to the last camera or lens overhaul. That's something I'd be looking for. When not satisfied, most (Amazon) shops allow you to return the item with a week or a month.

This doesn't speak to the specific item you're looking for, but one of our daughters bought a refurbished camera at a great discount--I was jealous that they had gotten such a deal.

But then some time later it had to be repaired again.

How well something gets "refurbished" may also depend on where it was built and where the refurb gets done. A fair amount of equipment is now manufactured outside of Japan, and only top end models are made here. Would something be refurbed here that wasn't made here, or would it be sent back to where it was made? Which way would yield better results/reliability?

Apple is the only place I've seen refurbs for sale. At the bottom of their main page, they list:

Back
Top Bottom