What's new

Looking for my Exchange students

Diver girl

Registered
10 Aug 2016
Hi, my name is Amanda. I am looking for a few people that came to my city of Thunder Bay, Canada on an exchange back in 1998. We were in high school. The people I am looking for came from Gifu. I do have names and I have tried to look them up on Facebook, but it seems that the names of my friends are very common. Anyone have any ideas on how I can search for them?

No I don't have their kanji names. For two of them I have their dates of birth and where they lived at the time. Not sure if that will help me.

No I don't have their kanji names. For two of them I have their dates of birth and where they lived at the time. Not sure if that will help me.
Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to search Japanese people just by their romaji names unless they have uncommon names.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to search Japanese people just by their romaji names unless they have uncommon names.

I just looked at two photos I have and there looks like there might be kanji names on the photos, but I'm not sure.

Is it possible to upload it? Or, you can PM me if you don't like to show it on the web.

Here is what I found on the back of the school photo. One of the people I am looking for I actually found on Facebook. Though he has not responded. Hoping to find another. image.jpeg

Yes, it's exactly his kanji name 川瀬元佑. Google search returns the only one result from his kanji name. He was in the 13th place in an archery competition in Gifu Prefecture on December 15, 1996. He was a student of 一宮高校 Ichinomiya High School in Aich Prefecture, next to Gifu, at the time. This is all I can get, unfortunately.

The home page of Ichinomiya High School has an e-mail address of the alumni association, so you can make contact to them, but I think it's almost hopeless to get response from them due to Personal Information Protection Law.

Yeah I guess it might not happen. I was hoping to connect with them. Thank you for your help. If someone has any other information please let me know.

You can try contacting the alumni association and ask them to forward your contact information to him instead of asking them to give you his information directly. They are more likely to cooperate with you that way.

@ The OP, I PMed you the e-mail address of the alumni association. Hope this helps you to make contact with your old friends.

Back
Top Bottom