What's new

Looking for Kishimotos in Hiroshima

arnevanstrum

後輩
5 Dec 2014
Hi,
I am looking for my relatives in Hiroshima. My mother was Sachiko Kishimoto Vanstrum. I am looking for Chikao Kishimoto or his relatives. I also have an uncle named Junio Horie who had an architectural firm.

Please contact if you have any information or know how I can find my relatives.

Thanks,
Arne Carl Vanstrum

Google reveals a "Jun Horie" who is an architect in Hiroshima. Probably not old enough to be your uncle, though.

How sure are you of his name? Do you know how the first name is written?

There is an architect in Hiroshima by the family name of Horie, born in 1933 with his own firm since 1966.

I would suggest contacting him and asking his advice. He may be a distant relative, or at least ought to have a better line on tracking down fellow architects in the area than we would.

Last edited:
Google reveals a "Jun Horie" who is an architect in Hiroshima. Probably not old enough to be your uncle, though.

How sure are you of his name? Do you know how the first name is written?

There is an architect in Hiroshima by the family name of Horie, born in 1933 with his own firm since 1966.

I would suggest contacting him and asking his advice. He may be a distant relative, or at least ought to have a better line on tracking down fellow architects in the area than we would.

Thanks so much for your help.

I made a mistake in my first message -- Jun is my cousin. I am not totally sure of the spelling.
Actually Jun would be around 60
to 65. I also believe that his father was an industrialist and did something with the railroad.

I will check into the information you gave me. Thanks again and please let me know if there is any other information you find.

Hey --
The Jun Horie is my cousin - I did not click the link until after I wrote my first reply. You are awesome - thanks again.

Great! I think this may be the first time we ever had a successful end to a thread like this.

Can you get his website, address, phone number, etc from that page alright? They're all there.

Nevermind. My computer translated it for me. Thanks so much again. We want to visit with my daughter who is graduating from high school this year. Last time we went, my wife and I had just gotten married - that was 25 years ago!!! Time flies

Back
Top Bottom