What's new

Looking for Japanese relatives of Yuriko Urayama

Ryoji

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for Japanese relatives of my birth mother, Yuriko Urayama, who recently died in the U.S.. I have limited koseki data: Yuriko Urayama, born Dec. 7, 1926 Yokoyama-mura, Imizu-gun, Toyama-Ken; Yuriko’s parents were Izo (maybe Iso) and Itoi Urayama, Takaoka-shi, Toyama-Ken. I am trying to find living Japanese relatives to notify them of Yuriko’s death and to determine if there is a family Buddhist temple because Yuriko’s last wish was for her cremated ashes to be returned to Japan. Thank you for any assistance that you can provide. Ryoji Urayama

salyavin

Kouhai
Donor
Reaction score
I am sorry for your loss. Your best chance is a private detective if you have the funds. Giving the name in kanji will help them a lot too.

Ryoji

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the referral and kind words. Ryoji

Majestic

先輩
Reaction score
I can find some random enterprises in the Yokoyama area of Toyama-ken named "Urayama" (浦山). It is not an unusual name, but neither is it in the top ten of most common names. So there is a good chance these people are distant relatives. But I wouldn't cold call them...maybe best to see if someone at the city hall can help? You might get a sympathetic person to help. Easy to do if you can speak/search in Japanese.
But being an English-only person may also work to your advantage. If the person at city hall finds your story believable and is sympathetic towards your plight, they might put in some extra effort for you.

Imizu city hall page
射水市[いみずし]

(If I'm not mistaken, Yokoyama is now incorporated into Imizu-shi).

Ryoji

Registered
Reaction score
Majestic, thank you for your reply. I will contact city hall. I’ll update if I have any success. Enjoy the weekend. Ryoji