What's new

Looking for a long lost friend from Yamaguchi

darklemur44

Registered
28 Oct 2018
I'm trying to track down a long lost friend of mine. Her name in English is Norie Nishimura. I don't know her Kanji name, unfortunately, as my Japanese language ability is quite limited. She lives or lived in the Ikachi Yanai-shi Yamaguchi area. We were close friends and lost touch over the years.
Does anyone know her whereabouts? I'd really appreciate any help or leads anyone can provide that help us reconnect. Thanks! =)

I'm sorry, but it would be quite hard to find out her without her kanji name. Her surname and given name are both very common, so the possibility might be low even with the correct kanji name (except the case of rare kanji names, of course). Was she married at that time? If no, her surname might be changed. You need to take this probability into consideration, too.

I'm sorry, but it would be quite hard to find out her without her kanji name. Her surname and given name are both very common, so the possibility might be low even with the correct kanji name (except the case of rare kanji names, of course). Was she married at that time? If no, her surname might be changed. You need to take this probability into consideration, too.

Thanks so much for your reply! Good news, after a dedicated search until the late hours of the night, we were able to reconnect. I appreciate your reply and look forward to talking with my long lost friend. Happy ending here. =)

Thanks so much for your reply! Good news, after a dedicated search until the late hours of the night, we were able to reconnect. I appreciate your reply and look forward to talking with my long lost friend. Happy ending here. =)
That's great. How did you find her?

That's great. How did you find her?

Connecting the dots over several websites using old handles I recalled her using. Eventually this lead me to Facebook and I recognized some of the locations in the photos she's posted. She's a private person with non distinct usernames so it was a bit of a challenge to find the right person - especially with a common surname and given name.

So it all ends well. I hope this success inspires others here to not give up their searches!

Very rarely do we hear about a success finding somebody like this. Thanks for reporting back.

Back
Top Bottom