What's new

Looking for a book by Fukuda Tsuneari

wpae

Registered
5 Mar 2017
Hello! I've been looking for some works by Fukuda Tsuneari, two articles: "Seiji to bungaku", "Seikatsu to geijutsu" and a book: "Shiroku nuritaru haka". They are from the early fifties or so. I've find them mentioned in a book on the history of Japan, "Tradition and modernization in modern Japan".
Ideally in translation but it's also ok if in the original. I've tried my university library, japanese faculty library and so on, but I couldn't find them. Does anyone know where I can look?

Thanks very much for your reply! I didn't think of Amazon Japan. It looks like his complete works span several volumes, some of which very expensive. Also many sellers appear not to ship abroad (although not too much of an issue, as I might be in Japan in the summer)... I'll search more, but unfortunately buying all the volumes is not an option at the moment...

On the same book as above, I found a supposed English title for the book, "White painted graves" ("Shiroku nuritaru haka"). I can't find any mention of it online. Does anyone have any idea on this side?

Thank you very much! I'll definitely go to the library once in Japan.

You might have to find items on Amazon by using Google as searching for books offered on Amazon by sellers located in places like Japan will not often show up in searches via Amazon, but they do show up in searches on Google.

You might have to find items on Amazon by using Google as searching for books offered on Amazon by sellers located in places like Japan will not often show up in searches via Amazon, but they do show up in searches on Google.

Searching on Amazon Japan using Japanese search terms works marvelously.

Searching on Amazon Japan using Japanese search terms works marvelously.
Far more efficient to use my native English and make Google do the work for me as opposed to trying to learn basic Japanese since of course time is money.

If you qualify I'd also suggest getting a business account with Amazon due to certain perks.

Far more efficient to use my native English and make Google do the work for me as opposed to trying to learn basic Japanese since of course time is money.

The OP doesn't suffer the same linguistic limitations.

The OP doesn't suffer the same linguistic limitations.
Gee, I don't know but when I wrote articles for my high school and college newspaper I don't recall writing the articles on one person. Perhaps who need to mark every post in this thread as private for the OP so only he or she can read it.

Bye now. I really have to get back to learning how to use my use new Heilderberg Topaz scanner to use on these images.

Back
Top Bottom