What's new

Long distance relationship with a J-Girl

That is correct. And I think we have reached a point where our engaging with you merely serves to facilitate your procrastination by giving you a sounding board to bounce your apprehensions off of instead of just going out and slaying the dragon. The more you talk about doing something the less likely you are to actually just do it.

Root hog, or die.
Definetly! I'll not be posting until after I ask her on our next meet up/ date.

I have thought of that already, and we are going to a German restaurant. I am pretty sure a one liter beer size will be available for consumption.
Is this wise? Do you really have to get booze inside you to have a good time with a woman (or vice versa)? Sad and potentially dangerous (for her).

Hey guys! So... here is the story. We were trying to plan an evening at this german restraunt in shinjuku, but that fell through. Anyways, she mentioned she never had peirogis, so I offered to make some in her dorms kitchen. Anyways, we did it last night, and I informed her I had fun, and that we should do this, or similar, again sometime soon to which she replied sure. Today I intend to plan a lunch or dinner date, ramen or tea, and see what happens. Probably over FB Messenger since I won't be seeing her today. All in all I consider it a yes. Thanks for the help, and for putting up with my nervousness!

I'm just kidding. Remember we told you not to do a (Japanese-style) kokuhaku.
Of course you are free to profess your feelings as you like. And, like you said, time is of the essence. So you can't really afford to sit back and take too much time here.

Just had a thought... currently all signs point to us being a couple. I can expand, upon request, what signs I am referencing at a later time. My thought is now this though... is the heart to heart necessary anymore? I am roughly 55% sure we are a couple. So... should I still do it, jut to be safe, or whatever?

Last edited:
Sorry, I accidentally mistyped. I am kind of half asleep since I pulled an alnighter to prepare for a Japanese examination I had this morning. I meant to type 55%

If it was me, I'd try to lighten up and just have a good time with her. You can show her how you feel by holding her hand and kissing her at the right moment. Showing is better than telling.

That's what I was kind of thinking, minus the kissing portion. I figured that we both kind of subconsciously know we are in relationship, and while the heart to heart would confirm it, it seems unnecessary at this point. As it stands I still plan on going through with it, but I was mearly questioning it.

Minus the kissing? You'd miss one of the great interactions between human beings?

Trust me: if she likes you, she wants you to kiss her. If you don't, she'll be disappointed. After a while, she'll be wondering why you don't. She'll doubt your relationship. Soon, you'll find yourself relegated to the dreaded friend category. Or she'll be busy every time you want to see her, until you get the message.

Sorry if this post gets a tad long winded. For those who do not want to read ahead, she said yes. In summary, I offered to cook her some hamburgers, she had never tried them before, and told her we could eat them at a nearby 公園. She said yes, but also that she wanted to go a a hydrangeas festival they were having as well. I also then clearly stated how I was feeling, and she accepted. She hinted that she was waiting for me to something like this for a while. I think I can take it from here guys! Thanks for all of the help.

Glad to hear it but... where has she been? She's never been to McDonalds or Freshness Burger??

My assumption is that's he just wanted an excuse to be with me. That or she assumes that McDonalds and Freshness Burger are crap, and not actual burgers.

She may have just meant homemade burgers. I have many times heard from Japanese people reactions of complete surprise when they learned that hamburgers are something you can cook in your own home.

...which always struck me as odd when paired with their assumption that Americans eat hamburgers at practically every meal.

Turns out that's exactly what it was. She didn't know we make these at home. She also was shocked to find out that these are usually eaten in summer. All in all she loved them. That, and the homemade hamburger buns I whipped up.

The best way to enjoy your burger, especially with your japanese GF.

Good for you, my friend. I was going to go on a long rant about how you go learning along the way, but seeing as you have striked that perfect balance between you GF and yourself, that is certainly satisfactory.

Back
Top Bottom