What's new

Living and working in Japan for a year

Kewlkatnico

Registered
Reaction score
I've asked this question before and gotten obvious unhelpful answers. I know i could marry a Japanese girl but i dont want to get married and i dont know any. I know i could go to school there but I'm poor as hell, i grew up in a trailer thats how poor i am. I know i could get a job there and thats the on I'm interested in. Idk how to find a job there. I've researched this online but its hard to get answers. So if anyone has another suggestion or an insightful answer please let me know. At this point i would do anything to live there for a bit. I would work in a grocery store. I would be an apprentice for someone, i would do anything! I have a list of countries I'd like to live in and japan is the most difficult one on the list. Please any real help would mean the world to me. Im pretty much begging the universe to make this happen for me. Please no negative comments. Thank you very very much. Im a 21 year old half mexican half Caucasian male who lives in WA. Just thought I'd give some info on me haha. Sorry for the spelling and grammar. I don't want to go to school. At least not a uni. Like i said don't have the funds and thats just not something I'm interested in. I'm very new to visa laws and whatnot in Japan so please bear with me.

Glenski

Just me
Reaction score
I feel really sorry for you. You aren't going to get any more "helpful" comments than that.

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score
I wonder when "I would do anything!" started to mean "I would do anything except the one thing that would work!"

Begging the universe to make something happen for you works far more rarely than just making it happen yourself.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Reaction score
Without a Japanese spouse, you're going to need a university degree to satisfy Immigration requirements. If you're willing to do anything.....except what it takes to meet Immigration requirements, then you're just going to have to remove Japan from your list.

You wouldn't be able to get a visa for any of the sorts of jobs you might imagine you could get here anyway.

nekojita

先輩
Reaction score
You're eligible for the working holiday visa for South Korea. You could do a side trip to Japan (as a tourist) while you're there. Or you could save up some money and do a few weeks backpacking around Japan (as a tourist).

It's not just a Japan thing. I'm fairly sure you wouldn't be eligible for any UK working visas, either.

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Staff member
Reaction score
go as a tourist and volunteer or WWOOF for a while, considering your qualifications and willingness to make things happen that's about as close to working in Japan as you'll probably get.