What's new

Let's talk about avatars.

Where is your avatar from, and why did you choose it?

Mine is the Greek letters that make up my name in my favorite color. I made it because I thought it would represent my name and work well with the circle shape.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Ratings
1 762
Nice one, very imaginative!

Mine doesn't really need any explanation. Time to look for something new.

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Staff member
Admin
Ratings
3 483
My avatar comes from loving cats and from being a policeman many years ago. Avatars have changed a lot on JREF over the years. For a while , members used avatars supplied by JREF. Then finding avatars on the internet to use became popular. Then animated avatars(with movement) became popular. I notice now many new members don't bother with an avatar at all. Over the years on my external hard drives(I have 4) , I have collected a couple thousand avatars , animated and non-animated , and have not deleted them. I have a hard time of letting go of any type of collection I have , LOL.

nice gaijin

Resident Realist
Staff member
Ratings
mine is an old photo of my (late) cat yawning, with a mildly inappropriate caption. I've had this avatar so long it seems pointless to change it

Nuala

Hell's Finest Daughter
Ratings
Mine is a misc Japanese school girl with strings of some kind coming out of her mouth. :)

Mine is a picture I took today after cutting off my shaggy hair :p I just figured I'd go with my most recent photo!

Ratings
My avatar comes from loving cats and from being a policeman many years ago. Avatars have changed a lot on JREF over the years. For a while , members used avatars supplied by JREF. Then finding avatars on the internet to use became popular. Then animated avatars(with movement) became popular. I notice now many new members don't bother with an avatar at all. Over the years on my external hard drives(I have 4) , I have collected a couple thousand avatars , animated and non-animated , and have not deleted them. I have a hard time of letting go of any type of collection I have , LOL.
Guilty!

I just don't feel the need to do so. I do enjoy discussions and such, but I do not feel the need to "be part of something" of "blend in" :thumbsup: