What's new

Learn Japanese to Survive! - HIRAGANA BATTLE (RPG)

MegaHarv

Registered
27 Feb 2016
Greetings everybody!

So last week I discovered an RPG on Steam named "Learn Japanese to Survive! HIRAGANA BATTLE" that was created to teach the basics of Hiragana. So far I have the basic vowels committed to memory, and I'm excited to see if this concept will allow me a platform to pick up Hiragana.

I love this concept as I'm a long time RPG fan, so my RPG experience should make up for my lack of knowledge of Japanese.

I started a Let's Play for this game because I thought it would be a good way not only to learn Japanese, but it forces me to write the characters down and say them verbally for the viewer. Also I might be able to get some guidance from advanced Japanese speakers who also have a similar love of RPGs.

If it's alright with everybody I'm going to leave Part 1 of my video at the bottom of this post. Let me know if you agree that this is a good stepping stone to learning Japanese, or if there is other tools to learn Japanese that might work more effectively for me instead.

Thank you for your time!

I have to say, it seems like overkill. I think it took me a week at most of drilling some flash cards to learn hiragana.

More power to you if it makes you happy though!

This game is looks like a copy of an older Japanese learning RPG: Slime Forest Adventure.
If i remember well that one included even katakana and kanji.
However is nice, i finished it in 2 days.

Someone knows others Japanese learning rpg games?
I'm waiting to see KOE, but i guess it takes ages to be released ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very sorry. I never imagined that was a derogatory term (i learned it now on wiki). Is there another abbreviation allowed?
Sorry again.
It's a natural abbreviation and many people don't know the history. Don't worry about it.

You're asking is there another abbreviation for Japan? It's best to spell it out in a place like this but in cases where you need an abbreviation, JP (which is the ISO country code) is acceptable I think.

It's a natural abbreviation and many people don't know the history. Don't worry about it.

You're asking is there another abbreviation for Japan? It's best to spell it out in a place like this but in cases where you need an abbreviation, JP (which is the ISO country code) is acceptable I think.

Thank you for your understanding.
I was asking an abbreviation for Japanese, but i guess that JP could cover both cases.

It's best to spell it out in a place like this
Is this place a very formal one? I hope to do not commit other gaffes, i'm not even english mother language. :)

Is this place a very formal one? I hope to do not commit other gaffes, i'm not even english mother language. :)

I think part of it is that when people are working to learn a language they need to read and hear correct language. This is why anime and manga is often not recommended here for learning purposes.

I think another part is that many people here see using abbreviations like 'plz' as not being respectful to the other readers. Often we are asking questions about Japanese in a way which makes others our teachers. I would never write 'plz' on an assignment (well, I'm old, so I wouldn't do it anyway) and the same expectations exist here.

I don't think anyone will be bothered by mistakes due to not being your native language. Anyone learning a language understands how hard it is.

Back
Top Bottom