What's new

KICL, GoGoNihon, 2-year study visa

Jack Wolfe

後輩
27 Jan 2017
Hi guys,

I applied to go to Kyoto Institute of Culture and Language for two years starting in October... After that the plan is to transfer to a 4 year university and then work as a teacher at a Japanese public school.

I have a few questions...
Has anyone had experience attending KICL? And has anyone applied for school through GoGoNihon? They seem legit but you can never be too careful. Seeing as I just dropped 200 bucks on an application fee, I sure hope they are legit lol

I've lived in Japan for a total of 8 months over two trips, so my Japanese is pretty fluent. I'm sure my Japanese is far better than most people that will be there. Does anyone know if there's a possibility of testing into a higher level and maybe skipping a year of a 2 year degree? For example if I could pass the JLPT, could that translate into college credit if I test out of Japanese classes?

I'm curious how difficult it generally is to transfer to a university following a 2 year degree.
Also, I'd love to hear from anyone who has worked in Japan on a student visa. IIRC, you are allowed to work 20 hours a week on a student visa, including any type of work outside of nightlife. Is that correct? I'd love to find an ALT job while I'm at school.

I've lived in Osaka, and have visited Kyoto a decent number of times, but if anybody has some insights on the area, living in a dorm in Japan, or whatever else related to college life in Japan, I'd love to hear from you.

Peace,
Jack

@Nemuyoake

@OP

Dude, that's a language school. You're not coming out of it with any college credits, transferable or otherwise.

How well did you look into this plan of yours before you started throwing money at it?

Last edited:
Let's see hoe funny you think it is two years from now when you finish that course and discover it isn't a junior college and you won't get a degree or any credits out of it. Come back then and I'll help you giggle.

Back
Top Bottom