What's new

Just wondering

Jupernia

後輩
5 Jun 2002
On the Travel Channel last night; I don't remember the show, it was late; they showed a ceremony in Japan were every 6 years they cut down theses huge fur trees; I think they were fur trees; and they sit on the these big log and try to ride them down a hill. Has anyone actually seen this up close?

Ya they had it on TLC survivors. I guess lots of people are maimed or killed every year. They had video of people getting run over by the 10 ton logs and what was stupid was as one person fell off another jumped on....

Hi @Microage97, it been a while. I'd love to see that video. I don't know if it's for the danger issue or the ill fate of the willing, but I'd love to see it anyway, and as jupernia asked before, I wonder if anyone here has seen it personally of even taken part?:emoji_grinning:

Then again, all the members seem quite well balanced here :D

Isn't there a "let the bulls cash you" festival too in Spain? ahhh, it's in one of the Spanish speaking countries at least.

I've seen it on TV several times.

NO thanks, I don't need to show how "manly" I am that much. With my luck I'd end up in the hospital, I'd rather take my chances with the bulls.

Actually though, it's pretty breath taking, since you know somebody WILL get hurt.

gee, men can be sooo stupid at times.

I say let people do what they want as long as they are not harming anyone else. Helps keep the gene pool pretty clean, if you know what I mean ;)

but yes, people can be really stupid sometimes... playing with their lives over simple things. I have a few friends from work who never wear seat belts in the car when sitting at the front. It doesn't matter how good a driver you are. All it takes is one incompetent or sleepy driver to change your day(s). Let this be a lesson to te kids. It IS cool to wear seat belts and anything that will preserve your life.

The theory of 'let people do what they want as long as they are not harming anyone else' is great.

The only thing is...here in the states it is illegal to commit suicide(what are the gonna do...put you in jail). This seems boarder line suicidal to me, but I am not the one out there. If this makes them happy of fulfills a need...let'em do it...right?

I like these archiac MANLY adventures too.

Too many young kids in Japan never get their fingers dirty by playing outside and their lives evolve around the latest PlayStation game.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen a broken window in years. lolol.... my father hated it when I broke the window in the top part of the garage with a snowball. He had to climb up their and fix it so that snow wouldn't get in. :)

Back
Top Bottom