What's new

Japanese short description

cerberus

後輩
13 Sep 2014
I need help translating this description of a Drama CD product.

泊りで海へ出かける計画を立てたさつきだったが・・・行き先の貸し切り旅館で・・・果たして、何が起こるのか・・・はしゃぐあゆみ達を待ち受ける運命とは!?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
I already added a translation for the last paragraph (I'm not sure about it's accuracy), but I don't know how to translate the second paragraph.
Anyway, it says something like "Satsuki had made plans to go to the sea" and something about a Inn... That's why I need help.

You missed 泊りで in the first clause of the first sentence.
The core of the main clause is 旅館で何が起こるのか(i.e., that's an interrogative sentence).

何か is omitted at the end of the second sentence (thus, this is also an interrogative sentence).

As for the third paragraph, 描き下ろし means that the artist newly drew the illustration for the cover jacket, not just "drown".

Ok! Thank you very much. But I can't figure a correct translation for the second paragraph... The thing is, I "understand" the general meaning of the sentence, but I still need help with it. So I will appreciate if you (or anyone else) help me with the translation.

Well, I don't have a translation. But as far as I know it's something like "Satsuki made a plan to go to the beach and reserve a inn" then it says "何が起こるの か" (What will happen?) and then "What fate awaits for Ayumi and others!?", though I don't really know where to put "はしゃぐ" (I think it means "excited").

Again, thank you for your time!

You got the gist of it.

泊りで means she made a plan to go to the beach overnight.
貸し切り shows that she reserved the entire inn for them.
で indicates the location of the action, so 旅館で何が起こるのか means "What will happen at the inn?"

はしゃぐ modifies あゆみ達; (lit.)"Ayumi and others who are excited/in high spirits".

Back
Top Bottom