What's new

Japanese sentence reference books

kamiotamega

Registered
11 Sep 2015
I am looking for a good guide strictly for grammar and sentence structure. Preferably one that also has some sentence templates ( such as _ wa _ desu) and particle references

If you are looking for physical book, I would recommend Japanese the Manga Way. It goes over basic sentence structure and grammar. Also, there is an handy index for looking grammar. if you want something that is free, then go with Tae Kim's grammar guide. It will not only teach you grammar, but it will also teach sentence structure as you go through the lessons.

If you are looking for physical book, I would recommend Japanese the Manga Way. It goes over basic sentence structure and grammar. Also, there is an handy index for looking grammar. if you want something that is free, then go with Tae Kim's grammar guide. It will not only teach you grammar, but it will also teach sentence structure as you go through the lessons.
Ouch the tae kim guide is good on the surface but it uses kanji, I don't think I should learn kanji yet (then again how soon is too soon)

I think I will use it thank you very much

Hi Kamiotamega,

I see you asked about Japanese particles and I just had to recommend this great particle dictionary. It has every particle and combined particle you will need in modern Japanese.

I was really surprised to find a dictionary that was JUST for particles! I even wrote a blog post about it.

You can see some pictures on my blog. All the kanji has furigana (kana above the kanji to help with reading) and the author chose really simple sentences so you can focus on the meaning of the particle and not get stuck not understanding the rest of the sentence. In any case, there are translations for everything.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kamiotamega,

I see you asked about Japanese particles and I just had to recommend this great particle dictionary. It has every particle and combined particle you will need in modern Japanese.

I was really surprised to find a dictionary that was JUST for particles! I even wrote a blog post about it.

You can see some pictures on my blog. All the kanji has furigana (kana above the kanji to help with reading) and the author chose really simple sentences so you can focus on the meaning of the particle and not get stuck not understanding the rest of the sentence. In any case, there are translations for everything.

Good luck!

How interesting that the link is identical to the link generated by clicking through from your blog. That's somewhere between "clever" and "sneaky".

If it isn't against our ToS, it ought to be.

@thomas

How interesting that the link is identical to the link generated by clicking through from your blog. That's somewhere between "clever" and "sneaky". If it isn't against our ToS, it ought to be.

Thanks Mike, in fact it *is* against our ToS:

Art. IX [ .. ] Any solicitation through user-controlled content including, but not limited to user names, signatures, member profiles, and posts is strictly forbidden. This includes the posting of referral links ("affiliate programs").

Back
Top Bottom