What's new

Japanese Manga

Hello. I don't want to make 2 threads, but I have 2 needs.
1. Can you find a not-copyrighted "raw" manga picture that you then
2. can translate, for use in school? It can be anything simple. If this is not a good thread, you may delete it.

The reason is, I have an assignment in class, where you should (with your other students) have a lesson in Japanese. I'm gonna show them hiragana and katakana table, how its pronounced, show them a video, but I think the manga could be a really fun idea.

I cannot translate this on my own:)

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Copyright isn't an issue if you just want to make a copy to use for educational purposes in the classroom like that. That comes under the heading of "fair use".

mdchachi

Staff member
Ratings
1 237
As Mike said, copyright is not an issue for this purpose. I have a whole stack of Mangajin which does exactly this. Everything is already translated and explained. If you want me to scan a page and send it to you, send me a private message.

Ratings
As Mike said, copyright is not an issue for this purpose. I have a whole stack of Mangajin which does exactly this. Everything is already translated and explained. If you want me to scan a page and send it to you, send me a private message.
Just a note of thanks! I found quite a few here and though my family is not overjoyed, my Thanksgiving morning has been spent reading them.

Ratings

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings

mdchachi

Staff member
Ratings
1 237
Thanks for replies. I didn't know the thing about copyright. I changed my mind though, its too messy to deal with advanced kanji for a first-time lesson.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Thanks for replies. I didn't know the thing about copyright. I changed my mind though, its too messy to deal with advanced kanji for a first-time lesson.
Since in another thread you are asking how to read hiragana, I think this is a wise decision.

Since in another thread you are asking how to read hiragana, I think this is a wise decision.
Don't be judgy. The reason I didn't know the 1 character zu was because, it's not used often in manga (furigana). Also, different sites said different as I was learning hiragana. Some said dzu, some said zu, so I was uncertain -_-

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Don't be judgy. The reason I didn't know the 1 character zu was because, it's not used often in manga (furigana). Also, different sites said different as I was learning hiragana. Some said dzu, some said zu, so I was uncertain -_-
Yet you've made it a year into self-study of Japanese without knowing whether to read は as "ha" or "wa"....

You don't see that as a problem?

No offense, but I did know ha is pronounced wa, I was just uncertain about if the grammar had special cases, when I thought about the word konnichiha. But it's explained now. dandandandaan. u have any more to say?

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
No offense, but I did know ha is pronounced wa, I was just uncertain about if the grammar had special cases, when I thought about the word konnichiha. But it's explained now. dandandandaan. u have any more to say?
So if you see はははるすです you're clear on how each of the は should be pronounced?

Ratings
I had to poke at the last one a bit to figure it out... Until I figured out みがく I felt pretty poorly about my は/わ skills.