What's new

Japanese Language Learning Posts

I would no more recommend anyone to attempt learning Japanese by using a Japanese Bible than I would recommend anyone to attempt learning English by using the King James Version of the English Bible.

If one seriously wants to learn Japanese, the Bible is a pretty awful resource for doing so.

I would no more recommend anyone to attempt learning Japanese by using a Japanese Bible than I would recommend anyone to attempt learning English by using the King James Version of the English Bible.

If one seriously wants to learn Japanese, the Bible is a pretty awful resource for doing so.

My post was specifically about the Japanese language learning part of the site and that's what the link takes you to (not the Bible part). I agree the Bible is not the best source for learning spoken Japanese which is not my goal.

However, I beIieve that it is useful in practicing reading Japanese. There are also several modern translations in Japanese such as the 新改訳、新共同訳, and Living Bible which aren't archaic like the King James. This is no different than the more modern English translations of the Bible the majority of people use today.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom