What's new

Japanese girl Halloween 2014

Elliot66

Registered
26 Dec 2015
Hi, I'm looking for a girl who I met while on holiday in Tokyo, Japan October 31st 2014.

We were riding the train on the toei oedo line. I was the white guy with a red shirt standing by the door, you and your friend were wearing matching black and white striped Halloween costumes. I took for granted the encounter that followed, you took my attention with your smile, the three of us shared a moment of laughter and you even waved and smiled at me to come over. You made clear signals, and I had many opportunities to speak to you before I got off the train for my stop. You were talking to your friend as i timidly stepped off of the train, the look on your face as you turned to me after seeing your friend waving goodbye, has stayed in my mind into this day.

I do not have a picture, or name, or number. Only the knowledge that there are two other people that could possibly remember this event, and the hope that one of them may find this.

http://www.jamesblunt.com/audio/lyrics.htm?lyric=2#lyrics

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.

Unfortunately I think you may want to heed the last lines of the song:

But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.

Move on my friend (anyway you may well find that she was the most irritating person you ever met if you actually got to know her).

Good luck for your future life and relationships.

Not knowing sucks. I came here many years ago , trying to find my old girlfriend. From all the posts over the years here on JREF , it seems it's only a 1 in a million chance to find someone , even if you have a name and address , very few have found who they are looking for. Being left to wonder about the person , are they alive , married now , happy , healthy is hard. My Japanese girlfriend disappeared in 1973 and even after more than 40 years , I still think of her and wonder. So , if you never find her , try to move on and forget.

It's like you say, not knowing sucks. I know now I'll never truly forget her, however I see it in the future. I just hope she is as happy now, as the brief happiness that she gave me.

It's like you say, not knowing sucks. I know now I'll never truly forget her, however I see it in the future. I just hope she is as happy now, as the brief happiness that she gave me.

Did you actually talk to this girl or did you just make goo-goo eyes at each other?

Seems from his original post there was;

1) a smile
2) a laugh
3) a wave
4) a smile

.... time to move on perhaps.

You're both exactly right, i can't tell you that it was anything more than that, but it doesn't stop me thinking about that moment, even now. I've missed opportunities before, but this one 'feels' different, and i can't say anything more than that.

You're both exactly right, i can't tell you that it was anything more than that, but it doesn't stop me thinking about that moment, even now. I've missed opportunities before, but this one 'feels' different, and i can't say anything more than that.

Oh, I completely understand the feeling. It was only your description of the situation that left some doubt as to whether you actually talked to her or not.

Take a little life lesson from it: next time you're smitten, go up and say something. Rejection may suck for a short while but the lasting relief of instant clarity is preferable to years of having regrets gnawing at your insides.

Back
Top Bottom