What's new

japanese cross words

Ratings
Hi All,
I have a question about cross words. Do japanese use cross words similar to English? I realize that obviously it would be difficult with the three writing systems but maybe they just use Hiragana and kanji. If they do is there an online sit?

If not what types of language games do they use for leaning vocabulary?

Thanks

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Those used to be popular in the break room at work.

The most mind-blowing ones are all kanji....no clues (but usually a theme and maybe a word or two filled in to get you started).

Ratings
I actually have a kanji puzzle book I found at a Daiso in Melbourne. Since they seem to be popping up like mushrooms in Australia right now, you might have one near you?

This one has a range of ways to make me feel stupid, often requiring knowledge of 四字熟語 or readings of obscure compounds. There's one type of crossword in here where the clues are all kanji and the answers need to be entered in kana.
e.g. 甘味強白色調味料 (3 kana)

The all-kanji ones are often of the form "here is a list of kanji, fill in the spots in this crossword so it's all proper words".

Ratings
I actually have a kanji puzzle book I found at a Daiso in Melbourne. Since they seem to be popping up like mushrooms in Australia right now, you might have one near you?

This one has a range of ways to make me feel stupid, often requiring knowledge of 四字熟語 or readings of obscure compounds. There's one type of crossword in here where the clues are all kanji and the answers need to be entered in kana.
e.g. 甘味強白色調味料 (3 kana)

The all-kanji ones are often of the form "here is a list of kanji, fill in the spots in this crossword so it's all proper words".

Thanks nekojitasan,
I have a store not far from my house. I never even thought about that. I feel a bit silly.
I'll let you know.

Ratings
Nekojitaさん、
最寄りの店は行きました。あいにくクロスワードがありません。
おすすめはありがとうございます。

Ratings
お役に立てなくてすみません。そのかわり:このサイトは面白いです。

ナンクロ (英語で「codeword」)が好きです。日本語のナンクロは難しすぎてあまりできませんけど