Japan Photos 2019

• Admin

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
Time to start this year’s photo thread. :cool:

551b5d79-b5c8-4cd7-be30-51579dcfba97-jpeg.28009

Our neighbourhood shrine this morning. Wanchan was off-limits, so we waited outside the sanctum. Now’s also the season when the donation box gets plundered regularly.

musicisgood

Sempai
Donor
Reaction score
Nice picture. Went to a small village shrine, put some yen in the donation box, sat down and had chicken liver, sweet and sour pork and white rice. So relaxing. No one around either. I don't know where the picture is on my computer, but if I can find it, I'll post it.

Reaction score

mdchachi

Staff member
Reaction score
I did this one time. My pictures look almost exactly like this except it was pre-smart phone era. There were fewer cameras and more flags.

• Admin

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
police-notice-osaka-jpg.28068

I found this notice in a museum in Osaka. Lots of shops and restaurants forbid passers-by to take photos of their merchandise (unless you purchase something, that is). I'm wondering what's the attraction of Japanese school bags...

mdchachi

Staff member
Reaction score
They are asking people not take pictures of school children (学童) but it's an odd roundabout way that they are asking.
I've done it myself when I first went to Japan. You can't deny that a row of kindergartners or first graders all dressed alike walking in a row, like ducklings following the mama duck, aren't cute. But these people live right next to Osaka station so trying to stop it will be extremely difficult. I wonder if it's illegal or just "bad manners"?

I've seen girls standing around in maid costumes in Akihabara handing out pamphlets but also with signs that say "no pictures." Seems one should expect that to be a natural side effect of the job.

イェンス

Registered
Reaction score