What's new

Japan-Europe Scientific collaboration!

Fulvio83

後輩
9 Dec 2015
Hello I'm Fulvio Fantino. I'm a researcher specialized in the scientific analysis of cultural heritage. In particular, my work is focused on archaeological dating and this is my web site:

At the moment I have a collaboration with Okayama University, regarding this point I have a project in the south of Japan and If you want to support it this is my Indiegogo campaign

Thank you!

Hi Fulvio, that sounds like a truly interesting archeological undertaking. Please keep us updated and good luck in raising the required funds!

One more tip!
On linkedin there's a group called "business in Japan": Business in Japan | LinkedIn

I find the owner, Jason Ball, to be very helpful towards questions of members. Furthermore, the group has 50.000+ members. I would submit a post in that group if I were you. I think a question for advice, and not an advertisement kind of message, will get you the most response.

One more tip!
On linkedin there's a group called "business in Japan": Business in Japan
I find the owner, Jason Ball, to be very helpful towards questions of members. Furthermore, the group has 50.000+ members. I would submit a post in that group if I were you. I think a question for advice, and not an advertisement kind of message, will get you the most response.
Dear Cocoichi, I have already done a post in that group, should I submit again it in a different way? any advice it's appreciated!

Dear Cocoichi I have already done a post in that group, shoul I submit again it in different way? any advice it's appreciated!

Well, I don't know how you have done it last time, but there might always be room for improvement :)

I once had a seminar about fundraising, and there's a whole theory behind it (Research, Romance, Request, Recognition): CASE - Fundraising Fundamentals, Section 7.1
If you want people to give you something, you should first research the people whom you are asking. Then you do the romance (the part where you build a relationship or connection). After that, you make your actual request. When you have received something, you thank the person for it. No matter how small the donation was. The actual request takes up only 5 to 10 per cent of the time!
In many cases (and this website is a good example) people come to a website or social group, say something like BAM I need this can you help me? and then leave as soon as they got what they need. People become hesitant to help, so you should show some goodwill :)

So my advice:
- Identify your target group, check out the people behind it
- Establish a connection with the group (share your story, show interest in others, etc)
- Request what you need (and of course be transparent about the purpose and investments)
- Show appreciation

Nowadays there are many ways to stand out or create a good atmosphere. You could make short introductory movies about yourself, the project, etc. Maybe post some new photos on a daily base, etc.

Good luck with it :)

Sorry, one last thing.

Maybe you should also explain a bit why the prestigious Okayama university cannot cover the 15.000 dollar initial investment, when this element seems to be so vital to the success of your mission.

Dear Cocoichi,
Unfortunately these are bad periods for research, also in Japan (not only in Europe) the public funding are poor, and you can imaginee in fields of research non belonging to medical matters. Also prestigious university like York are in difficult time...I have some colleague in that university and believe to me, they are in trouble at the moment...
Thanks again for your advice!

Dear Cocoichi,
Unfortunately these are bad periods for research, also in Japan (not only in Europe) the public funding are poor, and you can imaginee in fields of research non belonging to medical matters. Also prestigious university like York are in difficult time...I have some colleague in that university and believe to me, they are in trouble at the moment...
Thanks again for your advice!

Well, in case your funding proves unsuccessful, you could always try the "in kind" approach.
For example:
- You could approach airlines like Alitalia, ANA, Japan Airlines to see if they can sponsor your tickets, and in return put their logo on the research website, mention them in your paper, write a daily blog for their social media outings, etc.
- The same for lodging with Japanese hotel chains
- The same for JR passes.

I think Okayama University could help you with this, even if they could just write what you want in Japanese, and help you reach the people at JR/hotels/airlines.

Hi All!

I'm just come back from Japan and from an exciting ageda! I have got a sponsorship from Turkish Airlines.
Now the next step will be to submit my projecto to H2020 european commission.

Best

Fulvio

Back
Top Bottom