What's new

Is this a WW2 flag?

patchtrader

Registered
12 Feb 2018
IMG_0555.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG

Hmm, not a poorly-made fake, but I have some doubt about the genuineness. It might be authentic, or could be a plausible fake.

Toritoribe: You have helped me in the past, and I am very grateful for your knowledge. I recommended that Patchtrader post his flag on this site to learn more about it. Unfortunately, the people who create fakes have gotten better and better, and their trickery is harder to recognize. Understanding that this flag could, or could not be, authentic, do you recognize on this flag the name of the person to whom it is dedicated? Thank your for your input -
Mike

Unfortunately, the people who create fakes have gotten better and better, and their trickery is harder to recognize.
Exactly. People who know Japanese correctly and are good at calligraphy would join fake makers.

Understanding that this flag could, or could not be, authentic, do you recognize on this flag the name of the person to whom it is dedicated?
The name of the recipient is not written on the flag. It's possible even on authentic flags, though.

Back
Top Bottom