What's new

Is this a good place to discuss Academic Culture Studies?

sinqbad

Registered
2 Dec 2017
Hello,
I'm doing an honours year next year and I'm excited to talk to others about the things I'm studying. I'm having a hard time finding people to discuss things like Spivak or Kojin Karatani (not that I don't think there aren't intelligent people, they are kinda "niche"). Is there anyone else here doing more academic study of Japanese?

I had never heard of either one of them before. I looked up Karatani on Wikipedia and quickly skimmed through the page. I'm afraid I would have to rely on you to tell me what I should find interesting about him, though.

This Spivak person is Japanese as well? With just one name to google on I'm not going to waste my time reading only to perhaps find out later it wasn't the person you were talking about after all.

Feel free, sinqbad. This is probably the best forum section as any. No guarantees on getting any takers to respond.

This Spivak person is Japanese as well? With just one name to google on I'm not going to waste my time reading only to perhaps find out later it wasn't the person you were talking about after all.
Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak. Super important in post-colonial studies. Yeah, Karatani super interesting along with the ニューアカ. Definitely worth a look.

Back
Top Bottom