What's new

Internet providers in Japan

Pixie

Kouhai
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm trying to set up internet in my new apartment but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding all the plans and charges. I spoke to J:COM and they said I had to pay a charge for every device I want to connect to the Wi-Fi, which sounds crazy to me. Does any have any experience with J:COM which can confirm/deny this? Or any recommendations for internet service? I don't have a credit card if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for any help!

WonkoTheSane

先輩
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm trying to set up internet in my new apartment but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding all the plans and charges. I spoke to J:COM and they said I had to pay a charge for every device I want to connect to the Wi-Fi, which sounds crazy to me. Does any have any experience with J:COM which can confirm/deny this? Or any recommendations for internet service? I don't have a credit card if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance for any help!
I use Hikari flets with NTT.

Never heard of this rule. I bought a router from Amazon and use it to provide WiFi to everything including my printer.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Reaction score
We use one of J:COM's broadband packages (phone, internet, TV). I have never heard of a charge per Wi-Fi device either.