What's new

In what order to learn

Dradoner1690

後輩
21 Sep 2016
I was wondering if it would be better to try and learn to talk Japanese first and expand my vocabulary before learning to read it. I was thinking that it could be better to learn to speak and expand my vocabulary first because learning to read something I can't understand wouldn't work without expanding my vocabulary first.

I agree with Mike.
You NEED to get a good textbook if you have any serious interest in studying Japanese. I use the Genki series and I have been happy with them.

To answer you inquiry, both. You will learn more vocabulary by attempting to read and you will acquire vocabulary as you try and speak and discover words you do not possess. It is a process you must take seriously everyday.

There's a pretty smart polyglot out there named Steve Kaufmann. He speaks words of wisdom.

"The most effective language learning method is the one that you like and want to do the most."

Pick the resource, coursebook, website, or thing that appeals the most to you and you want to really learn from. Good luck!

The OP hasn't come back to check for replies for over two weeks, and this is the exact same stuff he asked five months ago. He'll probably be back in another five months asking the same thing again.

The OP hasn't come back to check for replies for over two weeks, and this is the exact same stuff he asked five months ago. He'll probably be back in another five months asking the same thing again.

I was wrong.

Three months.

Back
Top Bottom