What's new

Identity of characters

Rherrin

後輩
7 Jan 2017
Hello I'm new here so forgive me I need help with reading characters on a statue any help is appreciated... Thank you.. Rherrin

Attachments

• IMG_20170106_204350.jpg
    IMG_20170106_204350.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 95
These are the a figures with the characters engraved on base

Attachments

• IMG_20170105_213344.jpg
    IMG_20170105_213344.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 119
If anyone can decided let me know thanx

Attachments

• IMG_20170107_040753.jpg
    IMG_20170107_040753.jpg
    558.9 KB · Views: 131
Where did you get the statues and what leads you to think the writing is Japanese? The figures certainly don't seem to be Japanese at all in costume or appearance. I can't even begin to guess at the "writing" on them, except to say that they look like they were scratched there by somebody mimicking Japanese or Chinese writing. Hang tight and some brighter people will be by and may have more useful info for you.

You can edit your posts up to one hour after making them. You don't need to keep making fresh posts each time. Be patient; we're not all awake and active at the same time you are necessarily.

Im
Where did you get the statues and what leads you to think the writing is Japanese? The figures certainly don't seem to be Japanese at all in costume or appearance. I can't even begin to guess at the "writing" on them, except to say that they look like they were s

I'm not sure on the characters Chinese or Japanese just thought someone may know... I thought it possibly was a manji symbol.. I may just take them to be appraised thank you

Thank u I agree... I'm happy I've figured out how to use this site last night was a bit rocky lol but I love it this sites awesome

I agree with the above: the figures are Chinese, and one of the kanji characters looks like a manji or a variation of such.
Swastika - Wikipedia
The link above points to "swastika", but resist the urge to think of this as a nazi symbol, and instead read the bits about the origins and use of this symbol in buddhism.

Back
Top Bottom