What's new

Identity of characters

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Where did you get the statues and what leads you to think the writing is Japanese? The figures certainly don't seem to be Japanese at all in costume or appearance. I can't even begin to guess at the "writing" on them, except to say that they look like they were scratched there by somebody mimicking Japanese or Chinese writing. Hang tight and some brighter people will be by and may have more useful info for you.

You can edit your posts up to one hour after making them. You don't need to keep making fresh posts each time. Be patient; we're not all awake and active at the same time you are necessarily.

Im
Where did you get the statues and what leads you to think the writing is Japanese? The figures certainly don't seem to be Japanese at all in costume or appearance. I can't even begin to guess at the "writing" on them, except to say that they look like they were s

I'm not sure on the characters Chinese or Japanese just thought someone may know... I thought it possibly was a manji symbol.. I may just take them to be appraised thank you

Thank u I agree... I'm happy I've figured out how to use this site last night was a bit rocky lol but I love it this sites awesome

Ratings
I agree with the above: the figures are Chinese, and one of the kanji characters looks like a manji or a variation of such.
Swastika - Wikipedia
The link above points to "swastika", but resist the urge to think of this as a nazi symbol, and instead read the bits about the origins and use of this symbol in buddhism.