What's new

I want to learn Chinese

If you're replying to the original poster, he's no longer with us. I seriously doubt he would have gotten anything out of that anyway.

There are some pretty good websites for learning Japanese -- three are in my signature. There are others, too, but I can't think of them offhand. If you do a search for "good Japanese websites" or something like that you should get some good results.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! Any questions you have about Japanese we'll do our best to answer.

Inuyasha-the-kid said:
I am sticking with Japanese because that is to hard.
Japanese is harder than Chinese... and if you know Kanji, you know Chinese. Just send me mail if you want to learn! ((Chinese has like... a page of grammer. LITTERALLY))

Another Aoi Fan said:
Japanese is harder than Chinese... and if you know Kanji, you know Chinese. Just send me mail if you want to learn! ((Chinese has like... a page of grammer. LITTERALLY))

Hum...I still encounter weird forms sometimes... one of my teacher litterally told me of a "xong guo bu hen ta" (china isn't very big) and I am still wondering if the sentence is correct...

Hmm, I would say Chinese is a lot harder than Japanese for the learner in general. The thousands of non-phonetic characters plus idioms (chengyu) are already very burdensome.

dreamer said:
Hum...I still encounter weird forms sometimes... one of my teacher litterally told me of a "xong guo bu hen ta" (china isn't very big) and I am still wondering if the sentence is correct...
Technically that sentence is not correct; it should either be "Zhongguo bu shi hen da" (窶吮??ツ坂?倪?「sツ青・ナ徒窶佚・) or "Zhongguo bu da" (窶吮??ツ坂?倪?「s窶佚・). Probably just a mishearing on your part.

Supervin said:
Technically that sentence is not correct; it should either be "Zhongguo bu shi hen da" (窶吮??ツ坂?倪?「sツ青・ナ徒窶佚・) or "Zhongguo bu da" (窶吮??ツ坂?倪?「s窶佚・). Probably just a mishearing on your part.
Well, maybe it's not school Mandarin, but it's OK in vernacular.

bossel said:
Well, maybe it's not school Mandarin, but it's OK in vernacular.
I would seriously doubt it. It's just too awkward. Do you have any basis for saying that?

I've never heard of such a construction in my experience, whether Standard or in dialect.

Supervin said:
I would seriously doubt it. It's just too awkward. Do you have any basis for saying that?
Yep, basis being my girlfriend's mother, who is a teacher in Guangdong. I thought immediately (without that much of a basis, actually) the construction was correct, because I meant to have heard it before. My girlfriend opposed, so she asked her mother. She should know.

dreamer said:
"xong guo bu hen ta"
Wow, I thought Japanese "ro-maji" was annoying. That is such a strange spelling (Plus not a very accurate statement!... Maybe riben, but zhongguo?)

Supervin said:
Hmm, I would say Chinese is a lot harder than Japanese for the learner in general. The thousands of non-phonetic characters plus idioms (chengyu) are already very burdensome.
Well...not a mishearing since she wrote it down on the blackboard... (but this one's from my french teacher, the other teacher won't be back before next week...)

No, I don't think you will know chinese if you know kanji! some kanji are different from chinese's and kanji mostly consist traditional chinese words... it's quite different from simplified chinese words......

No, I don't think you will know Chinese if you know kanji! some kanji are different from Chinese's and kanji mostly consist traditional Chinese words... it's quite different from simplified Chinese words......
Agree, because Chinese character and kanjiツ…
1. they have same wording but different meanings- Chinese(japanses)
窶「テ冷?ケツュツ to be forced to do something (窶「テ冷?ケツュ to study)
ナセテサ窶慊「 to review a incident (ナ椎ク窶慊「 to discuss)
窶卍才? to pay attention to sth or sbd ONLY (窶卍才? warning or to pay attention to sth or sbd)
ナ停?凪?ーテ speak loudy and disturb other people (ナ停?凪?ーテ to fight)
2. some Chinese character have a similar structure to kanj
ツ戰テゥツヲ/(ツ静ュ窶慊ャ)
3. some of them are the same wording but in revered sequence:
in Chinese ナスm窶「ツコ ヒ彗窶「ツス
in Japanese 窶「ツコナスm 窶「ツスヒ彗
4. some kanji are made by Japanese, Chinese do not have them originally, they cannot be found in a Chinese dictionary. (may be modified form Chinese characters)
ツ渋窶價 -- ツ渋 (涉)???
窶板ウ (窶板エ)
ツ静ュ窶慊ャ (ツ戰テゥツヲ)
5. many kanji is meaningless in Chinese: (if kanji is translate to Chinese...)
窶堋ィ窶「窶藩廚窶堙俄?愿シ窶堙ゥ(ツ静エテ?U) ツ静倪?「窶?窶「[) ツ静披?堋ソ窶堙。窶堙ア(窶ーd邃「Z)
窶伉イ窶ケテ?スツョ(窶「L窶ケテ??弋テ「X) 窶禿ゥ窶督セ窶堋ッ(テェt窶督セ/窶愿コツ出) 窶敕イツ行窶ケ@ (窶敕イ窶ケ@) 窶「テ吮?懌??窶敕妥。')
6. Some kanji is imported from ancient Chinese, now they are not used in Chinese
窶懌? in ancient Chinese meaning: hot water, now it become soup.
窶懌? in japnese meaning: hot water
I come from Hong Kong, just know a little Japanese and English. If there are any mistakes, please correct them.

Nevertheless, there are many Chinese character and Japanese kanji have same meaning and similar pronunciation. So that It help you to learn Japanese if you learnt Chinese (I prefer Traditional Chinese), and vice versa.

中國是VERY好!

Ah, I just laughed at that, it's so cute~!

You want to learn Chinese? :x

Good luck. I hate Chinese.

Still, I want to take Japanese, Kanji, Katakana, all that neat stuffs, so I guess I better work hard in Chinese again~

I'm from Taiwan, not Mainland China so I'm not quite sure what China does. [Yes, I think Taiwan should be an independant country. Hands off.]

我很笨 I like it but it hard(for me) T_T

Very good~! At first I skimmed over it, and I read, "I am a vegetable." :x. Then I went, "Ah, sorry. :sorry:"

My Chinese dictionary, is like...huge. :p

Inuyasha-the-kid~!!do you want to learn chinese,i can teaching you but you better to know chinese word and chinese pronounce frist,because i teaching to you usually all using chinese words.
if you real want to learning chinese please mail to me.

and hope you in the future can speaking fluently chinese.^_^

they said there're 2 types of kanji: china's and taiwan's
and taiwanese's kanji is more complicated than china's
what should i learn? i mean, which kanji is commonly used by chinese, or japanese, or taiwanese, well .. by people

the taiwanese kanji is the old/traditional one, it's like the same or more similar to japanese kanji. but i think if you learn just one type of the kanji the other one will be very,very easy to learn/memorize...
so maybe you should learn the simplified one first (since it's easier) and then you can understand the traditional one without even learning it, but pretty much only understand not memorize...

really? why? is it because of the usage? because I thought the Chinese pronunciations is harder than the Japaneses ones

Well

Personally I recommend you to get some friends who are a native Chinese speakers.
But the most important thing lies in the fact that whether you inherently possess a deep attachment to the very culture of that language. It can give you an incessant flow of impetus to move on along the harsh process of learning it.
:):):):):)

Learn Chinese, talk to local Chinese friends

Hi,
If you wanna learn Chinese, forum helps, but adding more local Chinese people as friends online may also helps a lot. Search hellochina, it is a website mainly about language exchange, business and all stuff about China and the world.

I am Gabby from HelloChina.com. There are so many foreign language talents registered on our website. They can speak English, Japanese and Chinese, etc.
Make friends and get what you need. The website has many new functions coming out. Now there are already 7000 members. Join us and have fun!
Register as a member, then you can add people and talk freely.

may be i can help you . i want to learn English too.can contact me.
窶ーテ、ナ徒乐ヒ??#24110;你ツ。窶ーテ、窶禿ァツ青ウ窶?ナ?w窶ーp语ツ。窶ーテね??#32852;ナ地窶ーテ、ツ。
my MSN/Email is sxdx1089#163.com

I'm very interested in Chinese, but I won't start learning it until I can speak Japanese fluently enough... that would take a couple of years perhaps... 😊

Back
Top Bottom